Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Chance to freeze?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Grobyc, May 19, 2005.

1. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

Chance to freeze?

What are the chances of freezing with Blades of Ice? I used it a long time ago and I remember that it froze the enemy only once in a while (it just chilled a lot of the time), so I'm wondering is there like a percentage depending on the level difference, their resistance, etc.

2. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

3rd charge should freeze all monsters in range now, it only chilled in 1.09.

3. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

"should" So there are times when it should but doesn't? I mean aside from the cold immunes and frenzytaurs.

4. BIGeyedBUG

BIGeyedBUG IncGamers Member

It's 100% assuming the target is in range and not immune to freeze. The range of freeze is only 2 yards instead of the full 4 yards of cold damage/chill though. And sometimes desync can make it appear shorter than that.

5. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

See above post for facts. I've never actually used Blades of Ice, as my first seriously attempted assassin is a trapper and in NM now. I could tell you a lot of facts on them, but I just don't have any in-game experience with most of the assassin skills. :cheesy:

6. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

Hmm, so it's not really 4 yards as listed still? I remember it used to be that way except it rarely ever froze. Blades of Ice doesn't seem very appealing to me anymore :p.

I do have another question though, with Phoenix Strike, when you use it and wearing dual claws, does it give two charges or one? If it gives two charges, I'm assuming you swing with both claws?

7. BIGeyedBUG

BIGeyedBUG IncGamers Member

It's a little underpowered, but has its advantages. Definitely a fun skill if you're looking for something offbeat. I dig my BoI Assassins.

Unlike FoF/CoT/BoI all of the "Strike" charge-ups use only one claw, and only accumulate one charge per attack regardless of whether you have one claw or two equipped.