Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Chance to find stormlash?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by FrozenSolid, Jun 1, 2005.

1. FrozenSolid

FrozenSolid IncGamers Member

Chance to find stormlash?

Is Stormlash harder to find than Horizons Tornado? I just found a unique scourge and was hoping it would be my first selffound stormlash, but no ... its a cruel world :rolleyes:

2. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Yes stormlash is actually a very rare item just like tyraels because of this, i know for sure that out of 9 found uniq sacred armors only 1 will be tyraels, Im not too sure of Stormlash chances, but most of the uniq scourges u find will be Horizon's.

3. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

check with the built-in drop calculator in ATMA :)
    Linky can be found in Krischans signature (time for a little treasure hunt?!) ;)

4. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

I got mine from Pindleskin, the drop rate is something like 1 stormlash per 5 horizons.

Stormlash is one of the rarest items off of Mephisto, and very rare in general.

I never really found a use for mine, except looking cool on my paladin..

5. LorveN

stormlash is great for any fast hitting character. It has nice avg damage, its very fast, and with a fast attack, the static field will trigger quite often, thus making it a lot easier to handle larger crowds.

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

It would be more fair to mention Hakai_no_Tenshi's sig, as he is the author of the program ;)

7. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

I'm such a fool

Yes, Stormlash is to Horazon's Tornado what Tyrael's Might is to Templar's Might. There should never have been dual uniques for the same item type (another abomination that is .10) but unique scourge ratio isn't as tough as sacred armor, as stated above.

This being said I found mine in Act Three Hell just after Stormtree, somewhere in Lower Kurast/Bazaar/Upper Kurast, when I wasn't powerful enough of a sludgehammer to take on councils or Mephisto. It appears that monsters in mid-Act Three Hell are high enough to drop Stormlash, and since they're easier to kill as well as plentiful just mow them down for more chances at that unique roll.

BTW, I never made an Uberclone killer with mine, and it still sits on a mule not being used.

8. FrozenSolid

FrozenSolid IncGamers Member

I assume the same goes for nightwings and veil of steel? Because Ive found 3 veil of steel so far but still no nightwings :grrr:

9. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

The Spired Helms are actually 50/50, equally likely. Actually, to be completely pedantic, it is theoretically possible for a creature to be able to drop NV but not VoS, making NV slightly more common. Not sure if any actual creatures exist off the top of my head (would need to be mlvl 75 or 76 but able to drop TC81).

The paired uniques that have different rarities:
    Templar's Might/Tyrael's Might (8:1)
    Horizon's Tornado/Stormlash (5:1)
    Lightsabre/Azurewrath (5:1)
    Stone Crusher/Schaefer's Hammer (4:1)

Paired uniques that are equally likely (except for mlvl considerations):
    Veil of Steel/Nightwing's Veil
    The Cranium Basher/Earth Shifter
    Heaven's Light/The Redeemer

10. LorveN

first: apologize to the author.
    second: I picked you, since I didn't know about the author, don't use it myself, and besides, you are easy to find on the forums, since you post quite a lot :)
    But right is right. And you were right. :thumbsup: