Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Chance to cast stacks?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by sirwhere, Sep 11, 2006.

1. sirwhere

sirwhere IncGamers Member

Chance to cast stacks?

Hi all. I got a frenzy babo with atma's amulet since long and just got a cruel blade of amplify damage. The amulet has 5% chance to cast level 2 amplify, while the blade is 5% to cast level 1 amplify.

Having two amplify items should men amplify triggers a bit more frequently, right? Well, the point is I don't seem to be getting any more triggers than before. I know the difference is small, ~9/5 % for each left/right swing, as compared to the previous situation (no cruel blade of amplify) of 5/5 %, but should still be noticeable.

So, the million dollar question is.. does the game roll two amplifies on the left-hand swing, one for the amulet and another for the blade, or does it just take the highest level of amplify and roll the amplify on that item? Or is it really triggering more frequently and it's just me not noticing it? :scratch:

2. sirwhere

sirwhere IncGamers Member

oops, just noticed this was posted in the wrong forum. sorry

pls lock/delete

3. High Lord Bunbun

High Lord Bunbun IncGamers Member

If the levels are different I'm pretty sure it checks twice, giving you a slightly less than 10 percent chance of casting amp, if I have my probability rules right, which I might not, I hate probability.