Chance to cast Firestorm

Dimmu Borgir

Diabloii.Net Member
Chance to cast Firestorm

I have a few questions regarding this. Am I correct in assuming this will interrupt your attack?

So say I have two Phoenix's equipped, giving me 80% chance of Firestorm on striking.

Meaning, I would have to HIT something for it to come out.

So if I use this with Fireclaws, how can it be interrupted if my attack already needs to hit?

If I use this with Fury will the first Firestorm cast halt all subsequent hits of Fury?

Thanks for the info.

MaxMax

Diabloii.Net Member
Firestorm will interrupt fury, not fire-claws

As you say fire-claw is a single attack so no worries there...

Fury on the other hand is Multiple attack, and the only one of those who can't be interupted is Zeal, as fas as I know.

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
I have a few questions regarding this. Am I correct in assuming this will interrupt your attack?

So say I have two Phoenix's equipped, giving me 80% chance of Firestorm on striking.

Meaning, I would have to HIT something for it to come out.

So if I use this with Fireclaws, how can it be interrupted if my attack already needs to hit?

If I use this with Fury will the first Firestorm cast halt all subsequent hits of Fury?

Thanks for the info.
Firestorm won't INTERRUPT your Fireclaws, but after it triggers it will start a timer during which you can no longer use any attacks. It's not a big deal, just 6 frames or so, but instead of going "attack attack attack attack attack" you go "attack wait attack wait attack".

Maccat

Diabloii.Net Member
Can you synergize the chance to cast? If you could that could make a mean build. Dual Pheonix fire claws bear. You wouldn't want to attack very fast anyways since you'd have to wait until firestorm was done anyways, but I think it could be a fairly fun build. Any testing done on CtC and synergizing?

Dimmu Borgir

Diabloii.Net Member
That was my original idea actually, throw down a double Phoenix and synergize the hell out of Firestorm, and throw down some max duration Armageddon for looks.

I'm not likeing the sound of this delay, however, so I decided to try a similar route with a Sorceress, Enchant, Fire Mastery and Zeal 'cause its uninterruptible.

TheMayor

Diabloii.Net Member
Firestorm won't INTERRUPT your Fireclaws, but after it triggers it will start a timer during which you can no longer use any attacks. It's not a big deal, just 6 frames or so, but instead of going "attack attack attack attack attack" you go "attack wait attack wait attack".
your still going to be attacking slow as hell right? wielding a dual phoenix setup (pb) would give you a 17 or so fpa? sounds like it might be fun to throw in shockwave to a build like this.

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
Can you synergize the chance to cast? If you could that could make a mean build. Dual Pheonix fire claws bear. You wouldn't want to attack very fast anyways since you'd have to wait until firestorm was done anyways, but I think it could be a fairly fun build. Any testing done on CtC and synergizing?
Yes, hard points will synergize CtC effects.