Chance of Potion Double Heal

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member

In the Facts & Formulae webpage (http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=551), I've found this strange section :

Chance of Double Life/Mana Heal for Vitality/Energy up to 200: Vit or Eng / 4
Chance of Double Life/Mana Heal for 200 Vitality/Energy and up: 100 - (10000 / Vit or Eng)

E.g:

Character with 300 Vit and 100 Energy.

Vit: 100 - (10000 / Vit)
= 100 - (10000 / 300)
= 100 - (33.333)
= 66.667% Chance of your Potion having twice the effect.

Energy: Eng / 4
= 100 / 4
= 25% Chance of your Potion having twice the effect.
I've never heard about that before, what is it and is it still up to date :scratch: ?

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
It's the chance that a potion you drink will heal twice as much as it's supposed to. It's still up to date.

As you see from the formula, having energy/vit in the 190 range (not above 200) greatly increases the chance of a potion working 2x its listed value.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
If I just learned something more useful for RL purposes, I'd be a bloody wizard :grin:

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, one of the more obscure bits of knowledge. I was also extremely surprised when I learned different classes get different healing from pots. For years I hadn't actually looked at how much the potion healed, I just always went for the big ones.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
helvete said:
It's the chance that a potion you drink will heal twice as much as it's supposed to. It's still up to date.

As you see from the formula, having energy/vit in the 190 range (not above 200) greatly increases the chance of a potion working 2x its listed value.
Looking at the formula with open eyes, it shows that at 200 stats it doesn't matter which one you use, but after 200 stats, diminishing returns kick in.

This means having at least 200 vit does have a purpose other than adding life (and stamina).

antirush

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow, and I thought I knew basically all I needed to in d2 related fields - thanks for the edification :)

IMCanadian

Diabloii.Net Member
Merick said:
Yeah, one of the more obscure bits of knowledge. I was also extremely surprised when I learned different classes get different healing from pots. For years I hadn't actually looked at how much the potion healed, I just always went for the big ones.

Lol, I've played for four years or more and I just learned that they other day running ubers with my smiter, when I switched to my wolf the pot healing return was different. I only notice this because I hadda buy so many pots since I ran outa juvis the last run.

nickedoff

Diabloii.Net Member
It's odd how they'd let things like chargelock and farcast exploitation through while they spend a few hours programming something barely useful like this in.