Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Challenge to Mid Lvl Duelers~

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by WillScoot, Mar 12, 2004.

1. WillScoot

WillScoot IncGamers Member

Challenge to Mid Lvl Duelers~

Hi - some of you may know me as Duelenooga ... and I also am GooodGame. No use in keeping the aka secret since no one duels me anyway. I claim to be the #1 mid level dueler and share the spot only with one other, NVS-EndGame.

So, in light of the few duels I(we) receive, I'm offering a challenge to all mid lvl duelers (excluding hammerdins, 2h Chargers). Duel our lvl 53 barb(s).

Ill just tell you what I wear now to save myself time:

Arreats 30ed/5 max
    Jewelers Armor of Whale 14%fhr, 30 ias, around 115 ED, 92 life
    IK gaunts
    IK Belt
    Gore Riders
    Angelic Ring/Ammy
    Raven
    Jewelers Tower Shield of Blocking 87 ed, several lesser mods

His gear is similar with the exception of Gerkes and Lionheart.

This gear is subject to change depeding on class. I also will not reveal my weapon. Most probably already know.

I'm also up for: 2v2 Duels within the same guidelines. My partner would be NVS-EndGame.

Contact me here if you can. best of luck and happy dueling.

2. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

The name seems vaguely familiar. Havent played East in a long time tho.

Since I can no longer track down my key, or cd's for that matter it seems I must resort to using Open battle.net. One of these days I'll scrounge up an editor and prehaps we can spar.

It's nice to see a good out right challange.

3. WillScoot

yea, I'm just so fed up with dueling at the moment. Most everyhting I do is to buff my duelers more and most of the games I'm in, are spent arguing about chicken hacks, maphacking gear and not dueling.

Open could be fun. I'd like to recreate my barb. I love the build so much it's a shame it goes to waste.

4. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

Well, if nothing else it's quick and painless because we can just whirl up a new char over open to duel eachother with on open. Any gear you want is at your finger tips...etc.

I know what ya mean. Near the end of my dueling spree's I just didn't care anymore. A 21 asn wouldnt fight me because she mh'ed my gear.....It was sad. I can only imagine that it's even worse for you.

5. WillScoot

It's really pathetic. For instance, you join "Low-Mid duels." You say "anyone knows duelenooga's sword?"

At least 2 people will usually know, and prolly the exact stats of it.

6. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

"I'm offering a challenge to all mid lvl duelers (excluding hammerdins, 2h Chargers)."

Care to explain why you don't want to duel those?

7. sonikki_

sonikki_ IncGamers Member

yea 2h chargers arent always that good :) killed 4x lvl chargedin with my 38 baba in one whirl couple of days ago
    and mid lvl hammerdins? should'nt be that good.. or?

8. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

Mid level hammerdins can absolutely carve some ears if built and played correctly.

That and if the hammerdin knows what he is doing, its hard to approach him for the kill.

9. Muffassa

Muffassa IncGamers Member

I don't know the world of HC dueling at all, but if you claim to be the "best" HC dueler, you should be happy to duel anyone - and that includes chargeadins and hammerdins. Put your money where your mouth is - so to speak - or else don't claim greatness.

I lost all respect for you and your post as soon as you put that "safety" clause in respect to who you will duel. To me it sounds like "I'll only duel you if I'm gaurenteed a win" and that isn't dueling. Call yourself a Pker cause that is what you are. Then you can pick your targes how you want. Otherwise, duel whoever accepts the challenge, regardless of the build.

Perhaps you can be the greatest Pker - but dueler, hardly.

10. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Muff, I tend to disagree. I have seen both NVS and Duelnooga in dueling games, and quite frankly, I would not duel them either, because I'm afraid of them, both of them would wreck me. That said, I'm a Martial Arts assassin (Talarra if you didnt make the connection Will, though I belive you did, we talked online the other day) And i Challenge anyone to make a MA (Tigerstrike) Assassin to challenge either of them, or any well build 53 barb for that matter.

Now, it would be unfair for me to say I turn down duels of WW barbs, but they cant turn down duels to anyone (Granted, they have a couple levels on me, but I would not duel many, if any, WW barbs with a TS sin, it would not even be close) I think if they feel that they cant compete with a hammerdin, then its not your or my place to say they have to duel them.

I see your point that they should not call themselves the best, when they will not duel hammerdins or 2 hand chargers (you really should duel them, should be an easy kill for a 53 barb, enough tanking ability to take one charge, 2 handers will die if your barb gets a good WW on them I would think)
    However, there is really nobody ELSE on the east midlevel dueling scene who can beat every build of every class, so I think for the moment, it is safe to say they are "the best" (I call most original, betcha I'm the only PvP TS sin in the 40's on east! If I'm wrong, forgive me, I'm fairly new to mld.. ;) )
    I say, find a dueler who CAN beat every class, and then yes, they are "better" than NVS and Duelnooga, but until you do, my money is on them, havent seen them lose yet. (Oh, and I dont maphack or any lameness like that, but I have a guess on your sword, I'll pm ya with it :) )

Just my $.02!

-Matt

11. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

This is the biggest issue with dueling i have always had, its the "i am the best" ******** attitude most of you seem to have.

In my exp the best dont say squat and just kill you they dont run around pumping up thier egos like elementry kids saying "my dad can beat your dad".

Get a freaking life, xpac is 95% gear related in dueling, who has the best crap has everthign to do with it and then skill comes into play. The ones that refuse to duel you know thier gear doesnt match and dont think thier skill can make up for it and it has very little to do with who is best.

Please go to a pay phone and call your answering machine and pump yourself up i personally dont care to read it!

This reminds me a lot of RRN with his "I will dual anyone with one exception, no charms" Well......tuff titty.

If a hammerdin challenges you and you refuse you admit you cant win thus admiting defeat. We your "OWND" hell no but you arent the best!

12. HelzCaretaker

HelzCaretaker IncGamers Member

I just wonder if nooga has dueled henry's 50 barb. He told me that he made sean's barb nvs chicken in his fight, so try him MrsCleos(something).

13. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

Hmm, so your rule is no hammerdin, no 2-hand charger. Is there any other limitation? Since you build your char at 57, what is the highest opponent you accept? What other rules? Can use charged items? Enigma? Doom? Teleporting summoner? FYI, I don't have a dueler, just want to know more about it since pvm is getting boring day by day.

14. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

Even though I have respect for some duelers, I agree with Stinger.
    Being the best mid-lvl dueler in all the land, to me, would mean being undefeated against all comers, otherwise the hammerdin/charger that beats you should claim that title...

Obviously you can't risk your barb actually dying! What good would that be...

15. senji

senji Banned

hehehee too bad this isn't on uswest hcl

if anyone have any mid level duelers on west hcl from 50+ to 70 reply for a duel
    i use a 58 barb
    heheheeh

16. Eblocher

Eblocher IncGamers Member

My guess on the sword........assuming he is level 53

And I have never seen nor heard anything

Etheral kingslayer highland blade with max 270% ed stats

I calculate 344 1 handed max and last WW breakpoint

62 X 1.5 = 93 93 X 3.70 = 344 Good mods too!

How did I do? :flip:

There are prob some better rares but Highland has the highest durability too and it won't wear out as quickly.

17. WillScoot

Yea what do I care... its a Cruel Eth (51/51) 317% Balrog Blade with 35ias. 487 1h max, 72x 2h max. Sorry if I choose not to duel characters who can deal out insane amounts of un-resistable damage. I've dueled chargers before but, I don't know.

I'm not bragging that I'm the best. I simply know it for a fact. I feel there is no mid lvl character on East capable of killing me.

MsCleos refused to duel me on account of telling his other comp what sword I used (mistook it for another player~lol)

Fine, bring your hammerdins and 2h chargers. If that kills your whole argument (Stinger) than lets open the field up to all classes.

I'm not offering this challenge to pump my ego. I'm offering this challenge so I can get some duels. Most duel games are spent chatting and I'm tired of it. Once I get done with about a weeks of this char, I think I'm just gonna sell him and rack up a couple hundred like my friend Cyrus did.

I'm also hoping to keep the level restrictions between 40 and 63ish. If I wanted to play with enigma/botd/doom etc I woulda just made a high level dueler. Tele Summon necro is fair game ...

I'm also not too big on using wands or switching for a skill (amp/lower res). I mean ... if your gonna say that I'm weak 'cause of this limitation then I guess use it. Don't expect me to sit around though while your switching to a Martel to Amp.

18. evils

evils IncGamers Member

i can understand the whole "no hammerdins" blabla yadda. but why no 2h chargers? my old 50 barb BtK-Axing later on reincarnated as tB-Axing(both of em were 1h zerkers) ate 2h chargers for breakfast.. just let em frickin charge you once, chug a juvie and zerk away.. (cowering against a wall might be a good idea aswell to avoid that chargelock ;))

//Johnny

19. WillScoot

Thnx~ (notnuffchars)

20. Corndog

Corndog IncGamers Member

Hmmm, to be honest with you I wouldnt consider anyone the best dueler unless the duels were conducted with the exact same equipment. Only then does the skill (for fighting and building) of the controller truly come into play. Just because you happen to have the barb with the best equipment doesnt by any means make you the best dueler. That would take several fights with differnet classes to profess. Do me a favor and make a sin like was mentioned above and fight other like minded sins, then do a hammerdin and whip all those that are out there. Then come on back in and toot your horn all you like. Till then easy on the proclamations of greatness.