Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Challenge: Help me find a tv that fits in my entertainment center

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sully, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Sully

Sully IncGamers Member

Challenge: Help me find a tv that fits in my entertainment center

The opening is
    30.5 inches high
    36 inches wide
    17 inches deep (the hard part)

The 32 inch Sony flat screen we have now looks great from the front, but it's so deep (about 23 inches) that the entertainment center is about 5.5 inches off the wall, so it looks really stupid from the side. I'm not about to drop $5k on some plasma monstrosity, so don't get silly. Try to keep it under $1k.

The problem I'm having is that anything that fits the height and width is far too deep.

Sadly, there is no prize for the winner other than eternal gratitude.

2. skihard

skihard Banned

just a thought if you don't find a proper fitting TV, you can always get a couple plants to put on top of, and on the side of, your center to cover the side gap.

A few that come to mind real quick are: spider plant, ivy plant, and perhaps a standing plant. The first 2 will hang over the side and drape like a curtian to cover the gap. You also get a benifit in the winter of a plant being a natural air freshener for the house.

As far as a TV that will fit however is best bet an LCD, or projection LCD, about $2k so double what you want to spend. Any CRT will be 16+ inches deep.

3. Dutchman

Dutchman IncGamers Member

You could also angle the cabinet in a corner and just cut a hole in the back of the centre piece that the elongated portion of the tv hangs through.

Having bought a house whose kitched had room for a size of fridge that no one manufactures, being a solid 1/2 inch to small for a normal fridge with the next option being a two foot shorter mini fridge, and having had to remove my cabinets, shorten them that tiny bit, put them back up and have new oak doors made.............let me say that I feel your pain.

Dutch

4. Steve_Kow

Steve_Kow Banned

Given the cost of electronics, maybe it would be wiser to find an entertainment center that fits your T.V, rather than vice versa.

5. skihard

skihard Banned

that would be an option but some Centers can cost $2k -$4k if you get one that is more than something to hold a tv, made from solid wood, with carvings and such. not sure what he has now but he may like the one he has and doesn't want to get rid of it.