Chains vs Chains

Decide the Ogre's Fate!

  • PvP Server : Horde Character (Tauren Shaman)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PvP Server : Alliance Character (Night Elf Druid)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reg Server : Horde Character (Troll Mage)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reg Server : Alliance Character (Human Priest)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

ploof

Diabloii.Net Member
Chains vs Chains

so this has already been done, but I didn't want to hijack someone elses thread asking a question which will possibly come up with some opinionated answers.

My barb uses chains of honor in an archon plate (not superior). I recently found a 4 socket superior shadow plate (9% ed) and was wondering this:

Would the difference in defense be worth the change from archon to shadow? I realize that it's a heavy armor, and I will lose some speed, but it's nothing that I can't make up with some charms so I don't really think it's an issue. Also, forget about looks, because I like them both, really.

SO basically, is it worth remaking chains all over again for higher defense? :scratch:

thanks in advance :worship:
 

shade449

Diabloii.Net Member
Archon plate all the way. Its not just a matter of the rw penalty. Shadow plate has such a high strength req. Using Chains of Honor in an archon plate saves you hundreds of life. Also if you put a Chains of Honor in a shadow plate the resell value goes down.
 

Asheron

Diabloii.Net Member
shade449 said:
Archon plate all the way. Its not just a matter of the rw penalty. Shadow plate has such a high strength req. Using Chains of Honor in an archon plate saves you hundreds of life. Also if you put a Chains of Honor in a shadow plate the resell value goes down.
I agree. Archon is probably the best all-around armor used for runewords. Hold on to it. :)
 

Snarlin Stef

Diabloii.Net Member
ploof said:
so this has already been done, but I didn't want to hijack someone elses thread asking a question which will possibly come up with some opinionated answers.

My barb uses chains of honor in an archon plate (not superior). I recently found a 4 socket superior shadow plate (9% ed) and was wondering this:

Would the difference in defense be worth the change from archon to shadow? I realize that it's a heavy armor, and I will lose some speed, but it's nothing that I can't make up with some charms so I don't really think it's an issue. Also, forget about looks, because I like them both, really.

SO basically, is it worth remaking chains all over again for higher defense? :scratch:

thanks in advance :worship:
defense = 0 when running anyways... so unless you are a conc barby that walks around trying to conc stuff or some other "none running" barb... def is useless

thnx
stef
 

m1rage

Diabloii.Net Member
Snarlin Stef said:
defense = 0 when running anyways... so unless you are a conc barby that walks around trying to conc stuff or some other "none running" barb... def is useless
I thought only blocking was cut in half while running?
 

Raging_Zealot

Diablo: IncGamers Member
He is correct that defense goes to zero while running, but that doesnt make it useless, considering when your standing still to attack (also WWinding counts in this) you have your normal defensive values in place.
 

Halciet

Diabloii.Net Member
And let's not forget that if you build CoH in anything superior, the repair costs are going to be literally astronomical. I had one in a superior wirefleece, and the repair costs were somewhere around 30k per point of duribility.

-Hal
 

alainpp66

Diabloii.Net Member
M1rage... Blocking is actually cut down to 1/3.

Archon is the way to go for all reasons described above.

Minor defensive difference... If they both had Max base Def, Shadow would have only 89 more def by the end of it.

Significant R/W Penalty... Shadow will reduce your speed by -0.4yards/s. If you planned on having, let's say 75%R/W (I'd say fair on a PvP barb... probably low)... you'd need an extra 20% from charms wearing Shadow.

Str Requirement... 230 Would probably cost a little too much in terms of health. Could be diminished with +Str from Items though.

Cash Flow... If you're already PvPing, you'll need to have a Gold Run character just to keep him up and running with a Superior Elite Metal armor.

Harder to trade... completely true. Few PvP variants will be willing to invest that much Str and have a R/W penalty... Can't really imagine many. PvM, they still have to worry about the Str requirement. This all means less demand and a lower resale value.
 

ploof

Diabloii.Net Member
alright, Lol. THankyou, I'm very appreciative, I can see that it would clearly have been a mistake on my part to build CoH out of shadowplate.

:drink:
 
Top