Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Chain Lightning + Frozen Orb + Posion Act 5 Merc = Fast kill all in Hell?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Gabber_Roid, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Gabber_Roid

Gabber_Roid IncGamers Member

Chain Lightning + Frozen Orb + Posion Act 5 Merc = Fast kill all in Hell?

Probably put some in Thunderstorm too.

But how fun is this combo in Hell? In the past I was heavy into FO and Thunder Storm. But would always get to a point where I'm fubar'd and have to run around all the time waiting on the Thunderstorm to kill the monster. That = no fun. Then I'd try the Fire tree but that just never did it for me. Wasn't fast enough.

Sure this is a repost... but ohwell. :drink:

2. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

How come fire wasn't fast enough? Which spells were you using? If Meteor, then yes, but ti's a timered spell with great damage but with tanking needs. If Fireball, then you're doing something wrong. My Meteorb sorc can clear almost every part of the game with absolutely no troubles (aside from chronical mana shortage but that's a build related problem)

As for the Chain Lightning thing, it's not as simple as it seems. CL needs a ton of mana to sustain and quite some FCR equipement to be really succesfull (as do every build with untimered spells really) and it really needs some +skill items to pack a punch, whereas a Fire based build is somewhat less dependand on +skill to do damage. It's all about average damage here, and the average of fire based spells is just better with the same +skill. The average damage of CL get's better when you have more +skill, but then you have the whole item dependancy again.

Ah, and don't put points into Thunderstorm. It was and never will be a fast monster killer. It might have been good for PvP, but never was for PvM.

3. Gabber_Roid

I've just never liked the Area of Affect on the upper fire skills like Blaze, Firewall, Meteor, and Hydra. Just too slow for me. I like to be able to aim at what I'm killin.

Isn't fireball the first level skill? How can it be affective?

Oh, and I like Thunderstorm cause it's just fire and forget. Love using it against the bosses cause I can just flee all over the screen while the zapper does it's job. This strategy of course is a pain in the arse in Hell with all the immune monsters and I have to end up spending a min or two on each friggen monster.

4. Urlik_Skarsol

Urlik_Skarsol IncGamers Member

Gabber, if you add up the synergy bonuses for Fireball, I think the damage can become quite astronomical.

Other fast cast spells can be quite devastating too... you just have to factor in the speed to see that (dmg/sec versus dmg/hit).

I don't know how well a CB Sorc works in 1.10, but they are a blast in 1.09.

My Cold-Sorc loves firing her Ice-Blast and freezing things for something-teen seconds...

5. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

There is a chain lightningéorb guide for sorceresses at the top of this forum. read it.

6. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

No, that is Firebolt

And yes, Firebolt is quite useless. Fireball on the other hand is quite powerfull. It's spammable, you can aim it and it has good damage too (especially against Souls and such, most flying creatures are easy with FB)

My current build does 4.5k damage per fireball. This is with splash damage so nearby targets get hit too.. I can easilly cast about 3 FB's per second (1.2 actually, 9fps cast). The damage can be even bigger when you max Firebolt first as a synergy, but i just like my meteor too. Great for Baalruns, Meph runs etc. And when you go all fire the damage get's an even bigger boost.

Ah, and I'd really like to see you take on Hell Meph with your Thunderstorm. I don't think 2 minutes will get the job done. I think more in terms of days it'll take you :)

Just remember, patch 1.10 has some major differences in respect to 1.09, especially for the sorceress. Spells which were great in 1.09 are now obsolete, and the ones that were unused in 1.09 are quite powerfull in 1.10. You just need to think out your build very good, and not go putting points in every single spell.

Personally I love 1.10 because it has made the sorceress more versatile, if not more powerfull. The stunts I pull of in Baalruns simply wouldn't have worked in 1.09 and would have had me killed in no time. I just love my 1.10 sorceress, who as of yet is in the overall ladder at place 834.

7. Gabber_Roid

Jackson.. I did... and there was no mention of Hell Double Immunes. Nor did it really say about Merc equipment other than fast and leech.

Was wondering how this combo would fare in Hell

Oh and Stiertje, I'm stayin away from Thunder Storm this build.

Thanks all.

8. darkmog84

darkmog84 IncGamers Member

hey Stiertje

ur FireBorb sorc has quite weak fb, i dun understand it.
    here is my FireBorb sorc skills
    20 Froz Orb
    20 Cold Mast
    Armor and Pre-Reqs

static
    teleK
    teleP

20 Fire Ball
    20 Fire Bolt
    16 Meteor (When done)
    1 enchant (merc)
    1 fire mast