Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cell Phone Advice

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by TheAmoeba, Apr 13, 2005.

1. TheAmoeba

TheAmoeba IncGamers Member

Cell Phone Advice

Hello OTF
    I've bee nthinking of getting a cell phone for tha past couple of months. I feel I lose far too many calls right now. So, I'm wondering what company gives the best coverage. Note: I live in Canada so my choices are Bell Mobility, Rogers, Fido and Virgin Mobile. Right now I'm leaning towards Bell since I'm getting a pretty good deal (something like $25 a month for unlimited nights and weekends and 100 anytime minutes) and can get even more discounts (my dad is a former employee so he get's like 35% off (hopefully they'll apply that to cell phones soon) and also, though it may not apply, we have their internet and sattelite so I might get more off that. The only problem is I don't know anyone with Bell so I don't know if they have good service. Any help would be appreciated.

2. evild2player

evild2player IncGamers Member

Well personally I like Rogers or Fido because of the phone choices. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Bell likes to deal with LG in their plans, while Rogers/Fido do most of the major brands. I don't find LG phones that good. I've looked at some of the tech stuff of them and the battery life isn't too great.

3. IDupedInMyPants

IDupedInMyPants Banned

I'd go with Cingular, because they're working to have more bars in more places. I really don't know what they do exactly, but I'm all for any entrepreneurial undertaking that increases alcohol's accessibility.

4. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

Just try and find a phone that you think looks really cool. Then ask about the plans and stuff. If you find something that matches, then go for it.
    I don't really use my phone all that much, so my plan kinda fits me.

5. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

I intend to be the last person in America/Canada/Japan without a cell phone.

6. Isolde212

Isolde212 Banned

Anakha and I just upgraded to a family plan through Rogers. I think he paid $50 to upgrade his Motorola for a Motorola 220 Camera Phone. He has Motorola for years and never had any problems. I got the same one for free and we pay $45/month for 120 weekday minutes and unlimited evenings and weekends. The thing about Rogers and Fido is that they just partnered up so you get better reception. Rogers runs off land towers and Fido runs off towers on buildings. So you get good reception even inside a building. That and the service area has increased.

7. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

120 weekday minutes is pretty small.

When my family updated phones 2 years ago we tried to figure out the cheapest way to go and no matter what collection of plans we put together it came out to be the same. So we opted to each have our own plan with 1000 weekday and unlimited nights and weekends. I hardly ever use my phone, so I am probably going to switch to the prepaid plans when our contract is up. . . which I think is next month.

8. Newman

Newman IncGamers Member

Yeah, I work for Cingular and I can honestly say they have the best coverage area, period. They have 50 million customers which means mobile to mobile will really come in handy. (Mobile to mobile is where you can talk to ANY Cingular or AT&T customer for free). They also have good rate plans.

Yes, LG phones are crap. Stay away from those. My favorite brands are Nokia, Samsung and Motorolla.

9. Newman

Newman IncGamers Member

More double posts.