CE vs. BSpear?

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
CE vs. BSpear?

I'm in the process of making a Summoner Nec, and I'd like to have a backup PnB skill with maxed RS + SM...

I'm planning this build mostly for PvM since I got enough PvP chars, but I might duel once in a while, and wouldn't Bone Spear be better than CE? Also I have 2 more skills to max, so I can max Bone Spear, Teeth, and use the Marrow bug to gain some nice dam...

I heard CE does quite the most killing in PvM though...

Help me decide please.

Poisoned one

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, you don't need to max CE, I have one point in it, and it easily destroys hellcows. So, you could pretty much do both.

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
CE is a skill that's useful with just one point (and a few +skills), a medium amount of points, or maxed. My Skelemancer isn't a hybrid, so he has maxed it for the added blast radius. My Bonemancer currently has 1 point in it, and I'll probably leave it there (although the smaller range takes some getting used to).

Skellies may be strong, no doubt about it. But nothing beats CE when it comes to mass slaughter...

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
With a basic maxed RS+SM and a backup bone spells think its best you go for a bone/summon build :D I did and i love him and he is my main magicfinder this ladder season hehe. Definitely my most fun/versatile item finder any patch. This build is basically:

Max RS
Max SM
Max Spear (crowds)
Max Spirit (boss)
10+ Bonewall (to synergise bone armor/spirit/spear)

Here are finer details of gear/tactics and dmg output with various gear:

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=338630

I have no immunity problems whatsoever and even magic immunes (Plague Bearers/Horadrim Ancients/Wailing Beasts) are a joke as i have strong army +merc :p This build i made solely for PvM/mf and perhaps it addresses your needs? Cheers :D

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
batuchka said:
With a basic maxed RS+SM and a backup bone spells think its best you go for a bone/summon build :D I did and i love him and he is my main magicfinder this ladder season hehe. Definitely my most fun/versatile item finder any patch. This build is basically:

Max RS
Max SM
Max Spear (crowds)
Max Spirit (boss)
10+ Bonewall (to synergise bone armor/spirit/spear)

Here are finer details of gear/tactics and dmg output with various gear:

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=338630

I have no immunity problems whatsoever and even magic immunes (Plague Bearers/Horadrim Ancients/Wailing Beasts) are a joke as i have strong army +merc :p This build i made solely for PvM/mf and perhaps it addresses your needs? Cheers :D
Thank you. It is a great guide. I was relying more on Skellies though... instead of Spear / Spirit. Is it a good idea to max Spear + Mage instead of Spear + Spirit? Will my Spear suck too much even with Marrow bug?

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
Dennis_KoreanGuy said:
Thank you. It is a great guide. I was relying more on Skellies though... instead of Spear / Spirit. Is it a good idea to max Spear + Mage instead of Spear + Spirit? Will my Spear suck too much even with Marrow bug?
A lvl 20 *spirit* (I think spear is about 50% damage, but also 50% mana cost) does 400 damage. Marrows add 33*6=198%m bringing it to 1200 damage.

It's not an uber killing spell, but it should be enough to take out hard PIs --- especially with mages adding some elemental damage (use Lower Resist, unless the guy is too dangerous) and poison to prevent healing.