Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

CE and Fire Mastery?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Necrochild313, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

CE and Fire Mastery?

"Does Fire Mastery affect Corpse Explosion's 1/2 of fire damage?"

This question has been asked in the forum before, but it wasn't the topic of the thread. I decided to ask in statistics, but they could only guess.

As you all know Trang-oul's Avatar, when completed, grants the Necromancer many fire skills native to the Sorceress, Fire Mastery being one of them. I understand that Fire Mastery effects all fire damage dealt by a character, including fire damage on attack that is added from items. I am also taking into consideration that unlike Fire Golem (for some odd reason) Corpse Explosion is considered a fire skill, and +fire skills effects it.

I've done a little bit of testing, and it looks as if it does, as enemies seem to be dying faster to CE Lower Resisted than when amped. Unfortunately, because of Corpse Explosion's random value of 60-100% damage, testing it is a bit strenious because for each test the % life dealt as damage is too anomalous to draw concrete conclusions from.

If anybody has any idea whether or not Fire Mastery effects CE I'm sure everyone in the forum would appreciate such knowledge, but if nobody really knows here either I'll start conducting more thorough testing.

2. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

yes it should as well as a fire facet helping the fire 1/2 of CE, so 1 could base the build on max the CE using + all skill so the fire mastery go up in lvl, maybe a 2 socket wand with +ce(magic or rare) 2x 5/5 fire facet, one could make one hell of a CE. in doing this lower resist may become better for CE then amp :scratch: this is all only if the answer is yes(witch it should be)

try asking this over in the statistics forum, you may get more help

3. Necrochild313

4. TPMdm

TPMdm IncGamers Member

Necrochild, I remember that FG used to be the orphan of the fire skills, but I think that has been fixed. A couple weeks ago I found a magefist and checked my FG skill with them on and off. The magefist upped the skill level. I would also be interested to find out if the firefacet would affect the FG's firebomb efffect since I am pretty sure it wont' do squat for his aura.

5. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

fire golem is a minion and minions dont get the bonus from facet, i am not sure of the ed part but i am sure on the -resist part this -resist dont help the minions

6. Necrochild313

Perhaps it has been fixed. I know it didn't work in 1.09, but I haven't tested it yet in 1.10. It still says that it doesn't work in on the arreat summit, but I should've known better than to trust that ;).

7. NorrYtt

NorrYtt IncGamers Member

Isn't CE the highest damage skill in the game? I'll probably try this sometime in the future.

If you can get 50% more fire damage from CE, that makes it 90%-150%, with 2/3 being fire damage. There are still fire and physical immunes, but that's still pretty high damage.

8. Beatboxer

Beatboxer Member

Good topic necrochild. New stuff is hard to come across after so much time.
    I'm thinkin' the only wat to truly find out the answer is to look through the game files. :spy:

However it makes sense that fire mastery and facets should work.
    Hadn't crossed my mind. :buddies: