Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

CDKey Troubles

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by MrKoala, Aug 2, 2010.

1. MrKoala

MrKoala IncGamers Member

CDKey Troubles

Hiyas! I am having quite an issue with an old CdKey of mine, it is 16 Digits long & I need to figure out how to view the 26 Digit version. So I did what most people would do & tried adding the CDKey with my Battle.net Account.

Fortunately, I get this :

"The following problems have occurred:

You have already registered this game. You have previously registered this game to this Battle.net account, and thus already hold a digital license for this game."

The bad part is that every time I try to view my Diablo 2 / LoD CdKeys it only shows me the ones I bought online. Instead of the ones I added.
    I've tried searching Battle.net, Google, this website, & my Email for answers. However none of them solved my issue, so you guys are my 2nd last resort before I ask the Support people at Battle.net.

Sincerely,
    MrKoala!

2. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Re: CDKey Troubles

The original 16 digit version only works with the CD installation, while the digital version works only with the digital download from battle.net's website. To view your digital CD key you just need to log into www.battle.net, click on D2 under the games section and choose "Manage Game". Then just grab the game key. This game key can be used to install the digital downloaded version of the game.

Let me know if I misunderstood what you are asking.

3. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

The CD-Key has already been registered to another account. That is what the error was saying.

4. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

The error message that he got is similar to the message I got when I tried to re-register my SC2 copy, which indicates that the cd-key has been registered to his own account already.

5. MrKoala

MrKoala IncGamers Member

Heh, thanks a bunch for trying to help me, but it's alright. I just got my paychecks today so I can just buy another cdkey from them. Also Orphan, when I did choose "Manage Game" It only showed me 1 of my CdKeys unfortunately.

Sincerely,
    MrKoala!

6. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

Buy another cdkey? You mean buy a new copy of the game wrapped in the plastic?

7. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

... but from a seller with a good reputation, so you know that they aren't re-packaging and re-selling games which have been sent back. Or buy new keys from Blizzard themselves.

I don't understand the problem anyway, its description isn't complete. It's like a patchwork of information which I'm not willing to assemble. Anyway, I never registered my game keys to Blizzard and I agree that it might be too much efforts to explain things to a noob and then expect a solution from them. :D

However, I would be very persistent with trying a solution, as a matter of principles. If Blizzard prevents me from getting what's meant to be mine, my reaction wouldn't be "OK, here's another $20", but something which would probably trigger the word filter here. :whistling: