Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

cdkey stolen by bot?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by yamato, Jul 10, 2010.

1. yamato

yamato IncGamers Member

cdkey stolen by bot?

i just logged in this morning and i cant get into USAeast. I can get through other realms and this is really pissing me off. I think my cdkey is stolen im not sure. My virus protector is up to date so there is no way they can steal my passwords. It says my cdkey is currently being used bye CDKEYX.MPQ what does that mean? Do i have to get a new cdkey cause i dont have the original D2 case, just the LOD cdcase with my cdkey on it and a paper with the written diablo 2 cdkey. I bought this game 9 years ago at staples with my dad. Can someone please help me?

2. droid

droid IncGamers Member

Re: cdkey stolen by bot?

Are you using any cdkey switchers? .mpq file sounds like you might be...

If you did get it stolen, then you can try going to the blizzard store and see if you can get the CD key reissued...that is, if you registered the key to your account beforehand. Not sure if they can even do that, though.

Its not a password issue, either. Even if someone knew your login info, they wouldnt have stolen your account but your CD key, which means they'd have to get into the files on your drive itself.

Or they just tried random CD keys and happened to guess yours; I know that they have clientless bots that spam and MF, so maybe they also have clientless bots that try logins with random CD keys until it hits one that works....

3. yamato

yamato IncGamers Member

im not using any third party programs at all, im just playing the game normally. I did put my cdkey to my bnet account along with my wow and sc games before this thing happend.

4. DocVenture

DocVenture IncGamers Member

Did you type the right cd key. Check and make sure, because if one character is different then it very well may be that you are using someones cdkey rather than yours. Just a guess.

5. boogyman19946

boogyman19946 IncGamers Member

Have you checked in the task manager for a "game" process? If you haven't, do so and if it exists, terminate it.

6. Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop IncGamers Member

If you can get into any realm, you still have your cd key.

7. yamato

yamato IncGamers Member

i copied and past from my bnet account. I lost my original cds so i downloaded the downloader off bnet.

when i turn on diablo 2, yes there is a Game.exe and the description is Diablo II. So im sure its diablo 2. Even when i terminate it, diablo 2 shuts down.

Yes i can get into all realms but USAEAST

8. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

That probably means that somebody else is using your key on US East... or your key got somehow stuck in the bnet database or so. Either play elsewhere or get new keys :azn:

BTW, the message usually means that your keys are used by d2loader. Maybe that's you because you used it before and you aren't aware of it anymore. I don't know what has to be done to get rid of d2loader, but to be safe, you can uninstall the game, delete the game directory (after moving the save folder to elsewhere in case you have SP characters) and reinstall. Maybe you also have to clean the registry and delete desktop/startmenu icons as well. Check the battle.net tech support page for that.

If you could find the CDs, you might get a new set of keys and the old ones would be disabled, but they charge a fee for it which might not be lower than buying the entire game again... from a reliable source, i.e. in its original shrinkwrapping or from Blizzard themselves. Used games or used keys a not reliable, they might be sold multiple times or be banned from bnet.

9. yamato

yamato IncGamers Member

i've never used a d2loader i've contacted blizzard through email but i doubt i'll get a replay until a week later. I might get a new key or a replacement form blizz once i recieve something from blizz tech support.