CD problem

Treiss

Diabloii.Net Member
CD problem

I didnt see anything on this, so im posting a new topic
I recently got D2, and have been trying to play it. It can read the 'paly disc' just fine to install it, but when i try to play the game, it just gives me a 'insert the play disc and click retry' box. I tried making an ISO and using Daemon Tools to play it, but didnt work! Anyone know a way to fix it? Or at least, what's wrong with it?

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
I had a similar problem.. and I didn't need any of the tools you mentioned, or any other voodoo tricks.

I only had this problem when trying to play D2 on the newer versions of Windows... something to do with administrative rights...not sure. But you can try reinstalling and playing on an Admin account on your computer.

Worked for me.

Treiss

Diabloii.Net Member
Uh....yeah....my account is technically the master account, so...I think im going to play around with it...i actually got it to start loading, but when it does, it comes up with a dark screen(like some shade of blue. not black, cuz there is color to it), but it has this little white...box thing in the top left for a bit, then disappears, and my dumb computer has a heart attack(BSOD) if I try and do anything, so...dunno what is wrong now...I'll play a bit, and hopefully fix it...