Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

CD Key muted?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Klæmint Vágadal, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Klæmint Vágadal

Klæmint Vágadal IncGamers Member

CD Key muted?

Back in 1.10 (or was it 1.09?:scratch: ) my CD key got muted, meaning I cant whisper to people unless I am in same game nor can I enter chat channles and this makes trading in here not so fun, and I have no idea why since I never have used any hacks or other stuff like that:undecided: I e-mailed Blizzard (E-mail is now deleted due to mass email spam, I deleted all my emails) and If I remember right, there was no real reason why they muted me, but I only got a email from a "bot" of some kind, atleast it did not seem like a real person have written the mail, but nevermind.

Anyone of you guys ever tried this? What did you do? I could always buy a new CD key, but Diablo2:LOD is a bit out-dated, so they are hard to come by where I live:rolleyes: :grin:

2. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

Did you type a website URL anywhere? I heard they can detect that and mute you for it.

I had a couple muted friends, and they didn't know why they were unable to chat as well...it'd be nice if they sent you an automatically generated email with something you did wrong out of a generic list.

3. arcticknight

arcticknight IncGamers Member

They probably muted you because of some bad language in a public channel and someone (aka a fellow player or channel moderator) reported you. Thats the most logical explanation too me.

4. Inokis

Inokis IncGamers Member

Make sure you don't have the /o igpub toggled. This will ignore all public chat messages and make it seem as though you're muted.

5. emar

emar IncGamers Member

I thought I got my cd-key muted a while back, I couldn't recieve whispers and such. Turns out mine wasn't, but yours definitely sounds like it is. I would write to Blizz again and see what Peter N. at Blizzard Entertainment :rolleyes: has to say. Maybe they can offer you a solution or reason. Otherwise, I'd say new CD-key! Or suck it up and ask someone to do the trading for you :thumbsup:

I'd post my email about muting but I too have lost it.

6. wromaniaâ„¢

wromaniaâ„¢ IncGamers Member

you have firewall or other things like this? lol

7. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

What on earth does a firewall have to do with it?
    He couldn't play diablo if the firewall was blocking it, it's not relevant at all o_O

Is it just your LOD key thats muted, or the classic one too?

8. Klæmint Vágadal

Xenon: I think only the LOD key is muted, I dont really know since I never played classic on B.Net.

But I went out today and bought a new key (LOD only), is there any way I can change the key to the new one? I dont have the classic CD's where I am now, and will be for the week:undecided:

9. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

The only way to change your LOD cd key is to do a complete reinstall of D2 Classic and LOD. You will need CD Keys and CD's for both Classic and LOD to do this.

Check here for more info on muting:

http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=adt0637p

Good Luck!

10. Ikeren

Ikeren IncGamers Member

My SC CD key got muted - it was really weird.

I played for about a year, starting two years ago. I quit for nine months, losing the CD and the key, and uninstalling it in the process. I picked up another copy for 15 dollars, wasn't too concerned.

I played for 2-3 weeks. Then I stopped for about, 2 months. After that, I logged in once, did nothing (the game list was bad and no friends on), so I shut it off again. No viruses, no hacks, heck, I didn't even swear in the channels! The next day, I logged in and got the CD Key muted message. I e-mailed blizzard, they won't do anything.

Blizzard form e-mail, auto-response:

Follow Up E-mail - Real Person!

I e-mailed him back, informing him that it did not help me, and that I needed more information, such as a reason as to what caused my CD key to be banned, considering it hadn't been used in 2 months.

Hmmm, that was June 28th...I haven't checked in like, ever. Better find a SC CD...Oh look, still muted. Probably explains why I play Diablo II, single player, now...Good call on buying a new CD - It's a lost cause. Wasn't impressed. Still not, actually...

11. Klæmint Vágadal

Thats what Im afraid is going to happen to me:cry: