Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

CD key already being used issues-HELP!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Sepi, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Sepi

Sepi IncGamers Member

CD key already being used issues-HELP!

To clear up some questions before they are being asked; no, I have not let anyone borrow my disk or my original copy of D2. Also, I bought my copies from a store. Yet, for some reason, everytime I have tried to log in for the past two hours it has told me "CD already being used....etc"

I'm not sure what has happened, but perhaps someone else does. The last time I logged in, I was muleing and the game lagged on my druid, and I could no longer make games with that character. So I switched to my assassin, entered a game, dropped my items off, then could not re-enter Bnet because of the CD key issue.

With all the recent problems on Bnet and random accounts being hacked into, I have a bad feeling about this, considering I have played D2 for five years and nothing like this has happened before. Any suggestion/answers are welcomed.

2. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

the name given after "CD already being used by" is the name you gave the d2 during installation, if its your name then bnet was being laggy and didnt log you out after you got lagged out, itll fix itself soon, usually within 5 minutes

if you bought a previously owned copy then its possible that your key is still in use by someone else, contact bnet they can void that key and issue you a new one

3. Sepi

Sepi IncGamers Member

Ya, I've had the typical problem, which is fixed quickly, but it has been around four hours now, and still it's being used. ahhh!

4. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

if you keep trying continuously, it might make the ban last longer
    try waiting another hour before trying again

5. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Yeah.... I think you might have been switching characters a bit too fast too.

Hopefully you asked a friend to help you xfer.

6. Sepi

Sepi IncGamers Member

I was only muling items for level 20 and under, but that is far from the least of my worries. This "CD key already being used" started around 6:30-7:00 ets. It is now 1:30, and nothing has changed at all. As expected, this leads me to worry. Does anyone know who I could contact to fix this problem or at least ask why it is happening? :undecided:

7. nubikoen

nubikoen IncGamers Member

Is the CD-key beeing used by you?

If it is, try closing the game.
    Hit ctrl+alt+del, check that game.exe is not running, if it is - terminate it.
    Restart D2 and you should be fine.

Edit.
    A reboot will have the same effect.
    /Edit.

If it's not beeing used by you, then you should contact blizzard for a replacement key.