Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

catching dupers

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by zooply, Sep 21, 2006.

1. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

catching dupers

ite i was trying to get a nec circlet with the game 'brg nec circlet'. somebody comes in offering some godly necro circlet with like 2 nec skills, 18 str, 19 res all, and some mf. we go to a different game and we agree on abouttttttt 3hr, and i ask him how do i know it's not a dupe, and he says 'you can't dupe helms....':shocked: i left a bit after that lol. question is: did i play my cards right? and are there hints that it's a dupe, cause i know there isn't any way to tell by looking or anything. so my guess is you'd pick up hints with how they act or what they say. your thoughts?

2. ultradank

ultradank IncGamers Member

If it makes you feel any better, chances are your HRs are dupes as well.

3. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

lol nope i found them all *wink*

4. sunflowersmooth

sunflowersmooth IncGamers Member

I don't think that helm is a dupe. It isn't good enough to be a dupe. I still think shako beats it out with skills, life, mana ect. Not many people have the power to dupe either. And lastly, even though the circuit is pretty good, I wouldn't pay 3 hrs for it.

5. yelopen

yelopen IncGamers Member

I think 3 HR is overpay for that helm anyways xP. Usually helms that are duped would be like 2necro/20fcr/20str/15resall/50mana or something like that. The 20 FCR missing from that helm means it probably wouldn't be duped.

6. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

nah sorry it did have the 20fcr (forgot that in my op). i guess this is my cry thread lol. it sucks cause i don't know what's an actual dupe and what's being sold for cheap

7. yelopen

yelopen IncGamers Member

Maybe it was a dupe then lol. Idn you can't really tell except for ones like Imps that everyone knows. 3 HR is pretty cheap for that helm...:laugh:

8. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Pay attention to the name of the hat. If you see people asking for an item of that specific name, that tells you something. :azn:

9. De4dEyE

De4dEyE IncGamers Member

3 HR sounds like you're playing on L. IIRC, there isn't a dupelist of L items yet, so it may or may not have been legit.

10. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

for me a dupelist is anything above hr in value =P

evrae u lost me. you mean if a duper is looking for a specific hat so he can dupe it?

11. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

I meant if people on B.Net start mentioning your circlet by name. Since your circlet is a rare item, and rare item names have nothing to do with their actual stats (ie. you can have two rings spawn with the name Raven Spiral due to sheer chance and both will have totally different stats), if someone refers to your circlet by its actual name, then it might be a dupe already.

12. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Say that the helms name is eg."Wraith Hold" and you see a game called bring "Wraith Hold", then its prolly a dupe.
    Just like you see games "xxHRs for Imp Shanks"

13. Noctes

Noctes IncGamers Member

don't know about the helm, but for sure the answer to the question "helms cannot be duped" is strange..
    i would answer - i found it by myself, i traded for it, i can't prove to you this is not a dupe so why the hell are you asking me this..

but not, helms cannot be duped.

14. k/t

k/t Banned

Neither can HRs. Quit spreading rumours, people.

15. Jerametrius

Jerametrius IncGamers Member

I will pretty much assure you that the helm isn't duped. All the working dupe methods are known only by a very VERY small number of players, all of these players have access to basically every item in the game and wouldn't waste time duping a non-godly circlet to trade for a mere 3 hrs.

Also if your on east ladder there is a +2nec, 20fcr, 30frw, 40+ life, 2os Circlet out there that hasnt been duped...

16. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

lmao ya for like a million runes. i can't afford something like that =P ty for telling me though =) although thinking back now i don't feel too bad since i need at least 2os:tongue: (who knows it may have had that but i have a bad memory:laugh: )

off topic here: messing with one of those rude kiddy types aka 'j00 n0Ob 1 pwn$ y0u lolol nub lolololol!!!!one!!!1'. well anyways he gets ticked and says 'imm4 pay 4hrs t0 hav3 somebody h4x j00 noob and laugh wh3n i get ha1f j00r stoof.' then later says i'm hacked right before he squelches me lol. i've seen this before, but i still want to check here. it's better to be safe than sorry. ^_^ thoughts?

or i guess to be more specific, is it possible & how lol. after reading munchkins thread about his acct being hacked i think i will change my pw though lol

17. Yossarian

Yossarian IncGamers Member

That bold part there makes me think you're missing something. If the helm is out there I assume you're implying there are more than 1 on east with those stats. As soon as there are more than one of a rare it is duped by definition. So ya that helm is duped. And yes they do dupe items that are worth 1 hr. Like hr's. Also um's which are half of one. SOJ's are only 3 same as that helm.

18. HardyTarget

HardyTarget IncGamers Member

That person probably thought you can only dupe hrs.

It's pretty similar to the cube recipe thing (3pgs & magic item), some think it only works on charms.

As others have said, that helm isn't even good, and makes me wonder why someone would pay runes for it.

19. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

That's a good circlet and if I had it, my necro would wear it instead of his shako. I guess you would get 2 Um or more for it on ladder Europe which is 1 HR on US East. As HRs get duped there, why not such a circlet ?

20. jag

jag IncGamers Member

2 skills 20fc starts at hr (for almost all classes)- with the str and res -- that puppy would be worth at least the 3 hr --

put a socket in that - up to 38 total res - damge reduction, or whatever you need.

Str on that would probably allow you to go absolute base str in the build.

20 fcr on helm for a bone necro trying to get to 125 fcr is godly - frees up rings/amulet and allows for less than perfect spirit shield or to use a homoculous.

I would have paid 3hr in a heartbeat for that.

I have never had an item poof yet -- tons of traded roons turn up missing all the time.

3 self found hr -- nice :)

edit: i play on east and thats were i am basing my estimation of value from -- no idea about other realms