Cataloging your inventory...

markDweasel

Diabloii.Net Member
Cataloging your inventory...

Hi all,
I was looking for a tool that would allow me to catalog all my inventory by dropping it all into a text file once I start a game, pass over items, etc. I find it time consuming to go through screenshots and I was hoping to find a utility where I could copy/paste the text.

I understand there could be such a tool but it possibly violates blizzards EULA.

Please let me know if it exists ( PM would be great as well).

Thanks.

Mark

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
markDweasel said:
Hi all,
I was looking for a tool that would allow me to catalog all my inventory by dropping it all into a text file once I start a game, pass over items, etc. I find it time consuming to go through screenshots and I was hoping to find a utility where I could copy/paste the text.

I understand there could be such a tool but it possibly violates blizzards EULA.

Please let me know if it exists ( PM would be great as well).

Thanks.

Mark
Well, such a tool will most likely be seen as something illegal, there are however 2 alternatives to it.

1) open your games using diablo in windows mode (add " -w" in your shortcut, without the ") you can easy look at an item, and write it down in notepad
2) if you're too lazy to do that, install a textbridge classic (some scanning program tool that allows you to extract written text out of images) and just take screenshots from your items while hovering over them with your mouse

:buddies:

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
asking for such 3rd party programs is against the rules here. Please reread them before posting again.

Sharaz

Diabloii.Net Member
i use an excel spreadsheet to keep track of runewords, high uniques, high rares, annihilus charms, skiller charms, and mules who have completed larzuk/hell forge.

right now, im working on a MySQL database framework so that i can enter it all into a DB, and frontend it with a browser to view/manage all the items, in a fully searchable/sortable manner.