Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Casting question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by dokhogg, Apr 8, 2005.

1. dokhogg

dokhogg IncGamers Member

Casting question

So if I take some toxic, pestilent, etc charms with my sorc as she goes out and kills, will that damage be added on to my elemental damage of what I am casting? Or will that damage only be added if I use my staff to hit something?

dok

2. ArchAngel Tiberrius

ArchAngel Tiberrius Banned

The damage of the charms will only be added if you hit something with your staff. They do not modify spells.

I am unsure if charms such as arcing SC's add to Lightning damage, would be good for clarification.

3. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

The only charms that can possibly have any effect on the damage dealt by your spells are skillers. Elemental damage from weapons, charms, armor, or whatever is only calculated if you actually smack something with your weapon.

4. dokhogg

dokhogg IncGamers Member

Damn! My blizzsorc is very boring right now as I slowly level up to 24 so I can start putting points in blizz. I have 11 saved up, and even though I have read that she owns once she is built right, I still was hoping to add some other damages, like from this:

Foul Small Charm of Anthrax
    Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
    Required Level: 36
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 68
    Fingerprint: 0x84ec9e3b
    +208 poison damage over 10 seconds

Oh well, thanks for the info!

dok

5. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

well, if you're not gonna use that, I'd be happy to take it off your hands. my daggermancer would love it (and pay handsomely I might add)

6. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

Dude, that's a helluva charm! Any character sporting a couple of things like that is gonna do some crazy-nasty poison damage.

7. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Ah dang you beat me to asking for it, would work really well with my defensive aura paladin's poison part of his theme. Taking his poison damage from 501 over 10 seconds to 761 over 10 seconds :D

8. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

In the early game, you have a good chance to hit stuff even with a sorceress without DEX investment or extra AR, so just go ahead and use that charm and smack stuff! If you don´t want to be close to the enemies, you can use a bow or javelins. Rock on, poison chick! :thumbsup:

(of course, you will have problems to hit stuff in the late game, unless the sorc is built for that.)

9. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

That is a very rare charm. but for me, it doesn't have much use. Seriously, @20 damage per second, it is too low.

10. dune6836

dune6836 IncGamers Member

i had a zon once using freezing and immolation arrow. i played nearly all the way through hell with 400 psn damage charms in her inventory, whilst struggling with poor resistances.
    completely by accident i picked up one of the psn charms while the stats screen was open and saw that her damage didnt change at all.
    replaced the psn charms with res ones.