15-30
14-40
13-60
12-90
11-140

Assuming these are the best FCR items:

Spirit shield with +(25-35)%
Spirit sword with +(25-35)%
Skin of the Vipermagi with +30% (Fortitude and Stealth both with 25%)
Griffon's Eye with +25% (any rare circlet can get +20%)

Now, 125% just isn't enough to reach the last BP. I've just rolled a 31, and figure, even with Stealth and the lowest sword roll, I'm looking at a mere 10 helm would reach the final BP - a perfect sword roll, or an average and Skin, would mean no helm necessary. I'm trying to decide whether to clean the shield and go for 35, just because it would mean value, as two perfect Spirits and any top circlet means the armor is left wide open.

Griffon's + shield + Skin = 90, leaving the sword for jewels, but this would best benefit lightning wolves. Then again, we don't know what Blizzard's plans are. Would they nerf Spirits? Would they release body armor with more than 30FCR, or helm with more than 25, or sword above 35? Is it worth rerolling it at all or just being happy I have a double-ethereal Spirit monarch?

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
Assuming SC has accurate breakpoints:

18-00
17-10
16-15
15-30
14-40
13-60
12-90
11-140

Assuming these are the best FCR items:

Spirit shield with +(25-35)%
Spirit sword with +(25-35)%
Skin of the Vipermagi with +30% (Fortitude and Stealth both with 25%)
Griffon's Eye with +25% (any rare circlet can get +20%)

Now, 125% just isn't enough to reach the last BP. I've just rolled a 31, and figure, even with Stealth and the lowest sword roll, I'm looking at a mere 10 helm would reach the final BP - a perfect sword roll, or an average and Skin, would mean no helm necessary. I'm trying to decide whether to clean the shield and go for 35, just because it would mean value, as two perfect Spirits and any top circlet means the armor is left wide open.

Griffon's + shield + Skin = 90, leaving the sword for jewels, but this would best benefit lightning wolves. Then again, we don't know what Blizzard's plans are. Would they nerf Spirits? Would they release body armor with more than 30FCR, or helm with more than 25, or sword above 35? Is it worth rerolling it at all or just being happy I have a double-ethereal Spirit monarch?
According to an acquaintance of mine who has done a lot of research on the subject, the best possible setups for an A3 Lightning Merc are as follows:

Lightning

Spirit Sword: +2 Skills, +25-35% FCR, +55% FHR

Eth Spirit Shield: +2 Skills, +25-35% FCR, +55% FHR

15% Lightning, +3 Lightning/Charged Bolt Ormus' Robe with perfect Lightning Facet: +3 Lightning/Charged Bolt, +20% FCR, +20% Lightning Damage, -5% Enemy Lightning Resistance

Perfect Lightning Griffon's Eye with perfect Lightning Facet: +1 Skill, +25% FCR, +20% Lightning Damage, -25% to enemy Lightning Resistance

+5 all Skills
+3 Lightning/Charged Bolt
+95-115% FCR
+110% FHR
+40% Lightning Damage
-30% Enemy Lightning Resistance

Base Spell Damage:
Lightning: 2-1217
Charged Bolt: 28-34 [19 Bolts]
Charged Bolt Total Damage: 532-646

Average Spell Damage:
Lightning: 609
Charged Bolt: 31 Per Bolt [19 Bolts]
Charged Bolt Total Damage: 589

Modified Spell Damage A (Lightning Ormus' Robe):
Lightning: 2.8-2655.8
Charged Bolt: 58.8-65.8 [24 Bolts]
Charged Bolt Total Damage: 1411.2-1579.2

Modified Spell Damage A Rounded:
Lightning: 2-2655
Charged Bolt: 58-65 [24 Bolts]
Charged Bolt Total Damage: 1411-1579

Average Modified Spell Damage A:
Lightning: 1328
Charged Bolt: 61 Per Bolt [24 Bolts]
Charged Bolt Total Damage: 1495

Modified Spell Damage B (Charged Bolt Ormus' Robe):
Lightning: 2.8-2298.8
Charged Bolt: 75.6-84 [24 Bolts]
Charged Bolt Total Damage: 1814.4-2016

Modified Spell Damage B Rounded:
Lightning: 2-2298
Charged Bolt: 75-84 [24 Bolts]
Charged Bolt Total Damage: 1814-2016

Average Modified Spell Damage B:
Lightning: 1150
Charged Bolt: 79 Per Bolt [24 Bolts]
Charged Bolt Total Damage: 1915

All Lightning spell damages have the synergies included.
All of this is brought to you courtesy of Red-Chaos(H).

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
I was mainly going for FCR limits and then whether to toss one out in order to raise elemental damage/magic finding. I'm aware of the damage position, even if not the details, and that Ormus' does enhance Iron Wolf abilities, but I'm debating whether or not the extra 4% on my particular ethereal monarch Spirit is or will be (best guesses from the Statistics gurus) an issue in the future. With 90 being the next-to-last breakpoint, then I need to know now in order to HelToP the runes or let them sit as is (I'd like the space but not at the expense of Hel runes), or even to try for +8MagicA so he stays alive longer.

After all, if I have an ethereal Ormus, two +35%FCR ethereal Spirits, and no chance of Blizzard raising FCR positions for mercenary wearables or adding item spots for them, then it's either deciding to go with Ormus'/Stealth/Fortitude/Skin or looking for a circlet with more FCR instead of going with Nightwing or a fire skills helm. Thanks, though.

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
So, that's one vote for 'no added slots/items with higher FCR for Iron Wolves,' but how do you feel about rerolling the eMon Spirit - would you do it?

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
This is what I have on Iron Wolf casting:
Code:
Base frames:	18
Base rate:	100
Animspeed:	256

FCR	Frames
0	|17
8	|16
15	|15
26	|14
39	|13
58	|12
86	|11
138	|10
The breakpoints are correct, the number of frames may not be, because of AI delay and perhaps a difference in animation functions for monsters. AI delay would add 1 frame, and the difference in functions would problably add another frame.

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
That adds a full frame or two, not affecting the actual FCR numbers? Then SC rounded up, but it doesn't appear to affect the final breakpoint (still 13% short). 86, though, appears easily made with a +31%FCR Spirit shield, as long as I have a max sword and Skin. So, I rolled the lowest limit, guess I shouldn't bother rerolling then. Thanks, RTB, that answers my question.