Caster Amulet Crafting Questions

Liriel

Diabloii.Net Member
Caster Amulet Crafting Questions

1. What is optimal lvl to begin crafting? I have 89 summoner now. Is it enough to get +2 class skill mod or need to lvl him more?
2. How much profit can I get from crafting them? Is it better then crafting blood/hit power gloves?
3. Where to get base amulets? Is Hell Anya gambling the best way to get high ilvl amulets?
4. Does Jewel ilvl effect amulet ilvl?

I'll say if I'll get more questions.

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
1. You need to be lvl 93 to guarantee that any magic amulet you gamble will have the potential of getting +2 skills when crafted with the same character. If, however, you only craft using magic amulets that already have the +2 skills mod, you can use a lvl 90 character.

2. I'd say amulets would be more profitable, but either way you're looking at pretty slim odds.

3. Where you gamble has nothing to do with ilvl.

4. No.

Darker Realm

Diabloii.Net Member
What is the optimum character level to do imbue quests as well as the Act 3 Gidbinn Quest which eventually leads to a rare ring?

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
What is the optimum character level to do imbue quests as well as the Act 3 Gidbinn Quest which eventually leads to a rare ring?
Gidbinn reward is always the same item level (on a given difficulty)

Imbue: depends enitrely on what you want to get on the item:

Circlets: Level 83 (guarantees a high enough ilvl to support +2 class skills). Likewise, level 78 is enough for Coronets, level 73 for Tiaras, and any character level is good for Diadems.

Wands and Orbs: if you mostly hope for +2 necro/sorc skills along with a bunch of other juicy stuff, character level 45 will be enough for all orbs and and for all non-elite wands.

Barb/druid helms and shrunken heads: depends on the item type. With low-end normal items (Hawk Helm, Jawbone Cap and such) a character in the mid-fifties can get +2 class skills. The bigger the base type, the higher the clvl needs to be (with the exception of the high-end elites which can get the good stuff anyway).

Weapons: For the low-end elites, level 74 is enough to give the best chance of Cruel and Master´s. For the top-end elites (item types with qlvl=78+), you can get Cruel at any ilvl.

Specify a request and I can give a more specific answer...:rolleyes: