Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

cast rate or what?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by zapzapzapzap, Apr 3, 2005.

1. zapzapzapzap

zapzapzapzap IncGamers Member

cast rate or what?

Theres some sorceresses ...well actually every sorc I've seen so far.....that double cast their spells?....How do you do that?
    I mean I've tried changing cast rate and stuff but that doesn't work...
    Sorry if this sounds noobish :D
    thx,
    Zap...

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forums:)

I don't think they're actually "double-casting" their spells...But sometimes when you play multiplayer, you get lag and this often causes what looks like double-casting but really isn't. You still only cast one spell...like Frozen Orb, but it looks like you're casting 2 Frozen Orbs in rapid succesion...

3. zapzapzapzap

-

I don't think it's lag....I see sorceresses do it all the time, and in duels they kick my....well anyways both fireballs hit and man does that hurt :eek:
    It also works in cows, I saw them rippin the cows that way heh
    Sorry if this causes a little skirmish but I think theres more to it than just lag? <my new comp here don't lag as much as the old one> May be wrong, but I'm too curious for my own good heh :)

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Well you didn't specify what spell it was...When you're using Fireballs you can indeed speed up the cast rate, to a point where it looks like you're double casting...this can't be done with timered spells like Frozen Orb...Maybe you're using a timered-spell which would explain why you can't copy their "double" cast.... Or maybe it's some kind of cheat.

5. Sunjeet

Sunjeet IncGamers Member

frames fast cast % required

13 0
    12 9
    11 20
    10 37
    9 63
    8 105
    7 200

This is the cast breaks. So with no Fast Cast, you cast at 13 frames. However, if someone has 200% Fast Cast, it will seem as if they are doing double speed. However, the extra 95% needed to get frmo 8 to 7 frames isn't really worth it.

6. zapzapzapzap

-

OK, sorry again, but I saw a level 13 <with no possible way of getting 200% cast rate> casting doubles...and another sorc with 40%<and more other sorcs with random amounts> also doubling....weeeird...I dunno, should I just stick with the lag theory? Lol, I hate just giving up, but yes I do use fireball, and theres about no good way to duel vs other fireballers w/o that...
    Oh and thx for the replies so far ppl.

7. TheGreatDivorce

TheGreatDivorce IncGamers Member

If you see like just an orange streak of fireballs, Autoaim makes it so. At the click of a button, you automatically lock onto the opponent and it aims for you. Half those fireballs aren't really there, it is just a client-side effect so you can like run into them and it would do nothing. You might have heard people yelling 'AA!' or that sorts in games, well, that's what it is.

8. DokterKemist

DokterKemist IncGamers Member

could also be seeing people who use aa

9. zapzapzapzap

Well...I'm on closed b.net...and I accidentally am double casting meteor without ANY programs and they are there and kick cows ---es and its so sweet lol... :lol:

10. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

And you dont think your are mistaken, by the fact that you cast the next Meteor when cooldown is over and the first one just about landing, since the animation tkes some time to take effect?

Otherwise, how else could it be?

11. zapzapzapzap

OK its like this, I cast 2 meteors at once...I mean not at once, but so fast its just like at once, and I dont wait for the timer on it. I just cast and it casts twice so both meteors just come down BOOMBOOM instead of one now...wait...then the other one barely casts.

12. te500cdt

te500cdt IncGamers Member

Hello, can anyone tell me what double casting means? I read all the above messages and still didn't quite understand. I thought with enough fast cast rate u indeed can cast 2+ FO or meteors in 1 click of mouse button, so it's not really considered "double casting". It's just natural, am I right? And also can anyone tell me what the fastest cast rate for chain lightning is? The desired cast rate for other spells is 105, but the best is at 200+. I have a CL sorc and I know the cast rate is better at 117 or 118+. With my current gears I have about 210% cast rate to hit the fastest teleport and also nice 142% FHR but I really want to find out the next cast rate for CL. I just can't find it anywhere.

13. Illmattic

Illmattic IncGamers Member

wait so its not that there actually double casting its just either a program side effect or lag??

14. te500cdt

te500cdt IncGamers Member

oops. I made a miscalculation. I have 203% cast rate I think. I kept thinking 40% from HOTO but forgot that I really prefer using spirit sword which gives 55% hit recovery. i use griffon's eyes, crafted amulet with 20% cast rate, mage fist, spirit monarch, 2 rare rings with cast rate and some decent mods, and spiderweb sash, and vipermagi. so can anyone tell me what the next cast rate frame above 117 or 118 for CL is? hoping it's also 200% but i know not very likely.

15. Woahhhahhh

Woahhhahhh IncGamers Member

Me and my friend's fireballers were dueling in a private game for fun- we have comps right next to each other. So i was firing fireball and my friend said i was "double-casting" and he asked how did i do that? And on my screen, i wasnt- i was shooting only at 200 cast rate. no 2 fbs at once. But i look on his screen and i see im shooting like 2-3 fbs at once and clumps and stuff (there was no lag). He shoots at 105, and on my screen i see double fbs occasionally, but he doesnt see it on his screen. I guess its a glitch or something? :confused:

16. zapzapzapzap

I don't get how that's happening, and I dont get how i can do meteor twice and not fb! <I see the two meteors, and so do other ppl> It's wierd!! If anyone figures this out please post it....Its not programs >or at least for me it isn't< It's hurting my brain :p

17. solartje

solartje IncGamers Member

there is only one explenation that explains all.

alcohol: drinks that contain a certain ° or % of alcohol can have an effect on the persons drinkin it. one of them, is seeing things double. it first starts with seeing trouble, not focusing very good, and it often ends in clearly seeing things double. its the effect of the brain not able to focus both eyes on the same object, giving u the ilusion to see 2 things. this is clearly what happened when u played the sorc.

:thumbsup:

lucky solly is here to explain all

18. pryzmatik2

pryzmatik2 IncGamers Member

I play on closed b.net, I barely ever lag unless i'm , I have never seen anything like this, however when I minimize diablo for a while, then bring it back up I start to warp and stuff and move really fast, but only for like a few seconds.

I think solartje hit it on the head.