Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

carrion vine on a wind druid

Discussion in 'Druid' started by cky, Feb 12, 2004.

1. cky

cky IncGamers Member

carrion vine on a wind druid

is it worth investing the points in to carrino vine?? mayb just 1?? or it won't have a big effect and just a total waste of skills?? btw this is a pvm wind druid

2. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

dude... foul 'tar... lol
    What are you hoping the carrion vine to do? Currently, it only slows down monster health regen. You won't really do damage. 1.09 it was really useful since poison doubled for Prevent Monster Heal... but for now... it just slows their regen. FYI... carrion vine leaves a mat that is area of effect poison which is good since it gets multiple baddies... bad side is that the damage stinks.
    Maybe someone else found it more useful... but this is my experience with it... and still... it's good for rabies ;p

3. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Actually Carrion Vine is the one that restores life. And it's worth 1 point if you can spare 2 points total.

But it isn't vital. Don't worry about it if you'd rather do more damage. Oak will probably help more.

4. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

lol... oops... my bad... I every now and again I think carrion wind->poison creeper->carrion vine... my brain is [email protected] like that.

5. Joshua

Joshua IncGamers Member

I'm probably in the minority here.....but I have always found carrion vine to be very usefull.

Beside the obvious life leech it provides...the fact that it eats the corpses can be a pretty nice feature..especially against nihalthak (sp?) (good for irritating the necros also).

With 1 point and a few up to skills...I think you will be surprised at how fast it replenishes your life.

6. cky

cky IncGamers Member

well do i hav to recast really frequently since the corpse eating life amount does not seem too high

7. Joshua

Joshua IncGamers Member

Probably...the lil fellar does seem to die a lot...sometimes i just wait until the fight is over and recast him for a refill (saves the rejuvs). But, unless you play with your sound off..you will always hear him die...sounds like fingernails on a blacboard...you just can't miss it.

It does seem to me that in 1.10 the monsters target my vine a lot more...but I still seem to use one on every druid I play.