Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Careful if you ordered CE from GAMESTOP!

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by CoQui, May 9, 2012.

1. CoQui

CoQui IncGamers Member

So I just got an email from Gamestop claiming my order has been cancelled... Of course that wasn't placed by me. It says it could be possible due to the verifying of payment. Now this is impossible because I have PLENTY of funds in my account, lol. Could this be a way if they took too many CE preorders that they can't fulfill to get customers off them? I don't know, but letme tell you, this is awesome that they did this 1 week before game releases... I'm still waiting for the damn phone support to open up so I can give them an ear full. Check your emails that you ordered the game with people, because you just may never know...

2. Risingred

Risingred IncGamers Member

That's why I don't do that crap over websites. There's still distribution issues.

Other sites, such as buy.com, are doing the same thing. I'm wondering if there was a snafu with one of the shipments or something, maybe a manufacturer defect.

3. dregen

dregen Banned

right now im checking my email to see if i got anything from gamestop about CE, im getting nothing, but then again, i didnt use money, i used the store credit i had saved up from previous games and 2 older systems, so i should be good right?

4. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

I have a feeling it is the same thing as airlines over booking flights. They sell too many so if people don't show up they can still have a full flight. In the retail world they don't know how many they are going to get 2 or 3 months in advance. They place an order with their distributor but when they finally get confirmation of their order it is fewer then they "sold".

5. SZero

SZero IncGamers Member

lol at getting to know this with 6 days left to release. Guess you got owned.

6. Diabolo

Diabolo IncGamers Member

Protip: Don't use Gamestop. They hate nornal people.

7. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

this is why i go to the store to preorder. its paid for already and sicne i will be one of the first people in line they have no choice but to make good

8. MrFb

MrFb IncGamers Member

pro tip: dont use gamestop. they overcost games, give you less money then best buy, they have worse rewards then best buy, best buy has some amazing deals when gamestop never has deals. ya the ppl there dont know Edit: anything about games (the guy when i went to best buy said that blizzard announced a february 2nd release date LOL) and they dont have a midnight release Edit: Offensive term deleted by Noodlebut for other games.. gamestop rips you off

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2012
  9. Risingred

Risingred IncGamers Member

That sounds about right.

10. JWBS

JWBS IncGamers Member

Reason I used gamestop was 'cos it was cheapest, and by a good 12-15% IIRC. Never used them before or even heard much about them tbh. I don't think they even have retail locations in this country.

11. Dyz

Dyz IncGamers Member

DONT EVER USE GAMESTOP TO PREORDER. Hell dont even buy there.

I preordered Dues Ex and was furious when I found out they opened the game boxes prior to selling it to me to remove something they construed as "opposition" to thier sales.

Then I preordered Star Wars TOR in like june. Told me that the pre-order would be mailed to me. Never came, i went back in july and they returned it and re-ordered it, it wouldnt print with a pre-order key. Told me to call customer support. Customer support said they would email it to me, never came, did this back and for for 3 weeks. Beginning of August i went in the store and they told me they were out of pre-order keys and i might as well just wait because nobody else had any. I returned it, went to best buy, pre-ordered the CE and guess what. 3 minutes later my phone beeped and the pre-order key was in my email. Eff Gamestop. The sad part is they couldn't give a **** less.

12. Amarules

Amarules IncGamers Member

You say it states this might be due to issues verifying the payment. Have you checked your personal details are correct

-Name/Address
    -Card Details (are they upto date..sometimes you can easily forget to amend when you get a new card)
    -Correct card type
    -does the billing address match the home address as recorded by your bank

If all that's correct then sounds like you got really unlucky. Good luck getting it sorted.
    Worth checking.

13. Apocalypse

i cant believe people are saying "dont use gamestop go with best buy" and the reason being gamestop over charges? best buy is the most over priced piece of **** store ever

14. Septar

Septar IncGamers Member

This is why if you're ordering online you use amazon.

15. Ninyu

Ninyu IncGamers Member

Except Amazon isn't going to allow me to pickup my CE at midnight on the 15th.

16. Apocalypse

thats why he said online

17. JohnnyC

JohnnyC IncGamers Member

I'll have to disagree with that one (when talking about new games anyways, since I don't touch the used market). 90% of the time, if a game is lower priced somewhere between these 2, it's at BB. Still, Wal-Mart owns both their asses anyways.

18. MrFb

MrFb IncGamers Member

with computers, televisions, appliances, and other random products.. yes, they overprice a lot. but with video games? they are the best and the cheapest

19. Dyz

Dyz IncGamers Member

Pretty sure I stated a reason other than price of why gamestop is a pos.

I would rather spend a couple bucks more and get it from Best buy.

I would rather spend 10% more than buy ANYTHING from wal-mart. I cant stand the employees at wal-mart who are trailer trash with no manners, and the customers there are even worse. Not to mention that Wal-mart is a huge ****stain on local jobs/economies and promotes sending jobs/manufacturing overseas on a LARGE scale. No thanks.

20. CoQui

CoQui IncGamers Member

Aha! You sir have gotten me to say the FULL story here. I had summed up rage in my initial post. Ok so I preordered this in December 2011. Since then I've had 2 debit card changes due to possible breaches(whatever). Each time I called up Gamestop and told them to update my card information with this particular order. Each time they said they did it and that everything was up to date. I guess this is what pisses me off most. In reality, they never did JACK to update my information...