Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

cap on %dmg

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by pos sorc, Mar 15, 2004.

1. pos sorc

pos sorc IncGamers Member

cap on %dmg

is there any cap on the amount of + to % dmg you can have you know like nightwings veil death fath and an ormus cause i know that dmg reduce is cap at 50% so just wondering if there was a same thing

i would not belive so becuase you have fine at and stuff adding like 200% and so on but jsut clarifying

also a question about mf and my merc, how does that boil down if he kills or if i kill, does it matter does he get mf + mine or do i get mf + his jus wondering it seems like i dont get anything good if he kills have let him kill a couple of times to see what happends but i dont know jsut wondering on that too

also one more it is about rushing someone. is it possible to get someone into hell at lvl 1 cause i see there spam bots going around every game in hell saying " BUY MY STUFF AT WWW.someplace.COM " so i just was wondering if that was possible and how do they do it

thanks for you time i know that is alot of questions to answer

2. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

I dont think there is a cap on the %damage to any source, that you can add.

When your Merc has MF-Gear and he does the kill, then teh actual MF is calculated by adding both of your MF amounts, but not if you make the kill.

3. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

Yes it's possible to rush somebody @ lvl 1 in hell. You need somebody who hasn't done baal quest in all difficulties though, to bypass the ancients.

4. Sigus

Sigus IncGamers Member

There is no cap on how much +% dam you can get on your skills. My assa makes a good point of this with 6 Poison Faccets :innocent:

5. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Yup, it's possible alright to have a level 1 char in Hell. But you already figured that out because you see them in your game.

I have a level 1 Matriarch myself. I use it as a trade char, and sometimes I get responses like "WTF, How'd you do that?" and that's fun. But it doesn't have any use whatsoever.

6. pos sorc

how do you actuallly bypass ancients cause i thought that it wouldnt let you into poeple town portals if you havent done the quest adn stuff because i know sometimes when i didnt do ancients and tried to see if i ould get in a baal run it said "i cant do that" or is that where the person who hasent beat baal comes in???
    thanks again

7. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Imagine the following setup.

- A person that hasn't killed Baal yet opens the game
    - A few higher level chars join the game (doesn't matter if they killed him or not)
    - A few low level chars join the game and stay in town

If the first person has done Ancients and can accompany the killing party to Baal, then when they kill Baal he get's the quest. The other party members in town then also get the quest.

This was done to allow all people in party to get the quest, regardless of wether they were in the WS Chamber. It was done to prevent anyone from failing the quest when they were active in the party but died at Baals hands or something.

8. pos sorc

wow poeple are so much smarter than me LOL

anyways thanks everyone for you help cleared up alot of questions

ps wanted to build a super sorc (bliz) with of couse jsut 95% to cold dmg and alot to + skills you know jsut a death fath with facet a nightwings witha facet and ormus with a facet adn a 4 soc shiled with 4 facets you get the point assuming that they are all perfect wont that do some nice damage??

i just assume since i see regular bliz sorcs just destroying stuff

lol and i wnated my friend to build a paly that has the minus to resistances
    cause on arreats it says that it can take away imunuties so wouldnt that just be great well tell me what you think about that and if it would work or if it is plausible note you would want a A +3 to bliz ormus lol

9. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

when breaking immunities, -res works at a 20% efficiency. there are 2 skills that can break immunities: necro's lower res and the paly. if the skill says for example, -60% res, if the monster is immune, it will only work as -12%. it isn't a lot, but sometimes that is all that is needed.

10. DaemonX

DaemonX IncGamers Member

I was told 110 CM can break immunes.