Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can't upgrade to 1.10

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by ragemonkey, May 9, 2005.

1. ragemonkey

ragemonkey IncGamers Member

Can't upgrade to 1.10

I recently downloaded the 1.10 patch and the Blizzard updater said that I dont need to apply the patch because I have a newer one. Supposedly, patch 1.10 is version 0.0.0.256. Version 1.9 says 1.0.9.256. What to do...
    What to do...

2. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Have you tried to completely uninstall and re-install the game (and patch it up to 1.10 after installing the expansion)? It sounds to me like there's something wrong with your installation. I don't suppose you have had any mods installed or something?

3. ragemonkey

ragemonkey IncGamers Member

Yep, I reinstalled d2 and the expansion. It won't let me upgrade straight to 1.10 from 1.7. It said something like its a different installation version or something, so I upgraded to 1.8. It said 1.8 is newer than the 1.10 that I installed. Same thing happened after 1.9. I don't have any mods, by the way.

4. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

You shouldn't need to upgrade to 1.08 before trying to upgrade to 1.10. Have you tried downloading the patch again, as the one you currently have might be corrupt. I would recommend getting it from Blizzard's ftp site at ftp://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo2exp/patches/

5. teksyn

teksyn IncGamers Member

are you installing in game, or downloading the patch and installing?

try installing the patch in-game, when you go to connect to bnet it will try and download the recent patch for you. (i think)