Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can't open the cow door

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Kevin William Cox, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Kevin William Cox

Kevin William Cox IncGamers Member

Can't open the cow door

Hey, guys, back again. Still haven't gone exspansion yet, waiting for it. My question? I can't open the Cow door in Norm. I've been to the Cow level in other peoples games. But I never killed the Cow king. Most of the time, he was dead long before I got there. I have killed Diablo in norm. Level 33 Bard, U.S. East. If I was on the level and someone killed the Cow king for the frist time then the Quest goes to all of us , right? Meaning I can't open the door in norm again. Only in NM, and Hell. But how do you know if you have or not? All my barb says is "I can't use this yet". I have seen the Cow king. But at the time a level 76 Soc. was in the room killing everything. There were some low level players around the Soc. My question is, how do you know if you got credit for killing the Cow king? :confused:

2. Darnoc

Darnoc IncGamers Member

If you were partied with someone in a cow game who had not yet killed the king, and did so while partied with you, you can no longer make a cow game then since you get the "quest" then too.

3. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

If you can't open the portal.

4. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

Yep, the proof is in the pudding.

If you've killed baal (LOD) or Diablo (Classic) on norm, have entered cows games before... and now you can't open it..... Odds are somebody in your party did it and you were near enough to get credit.

5. nubikoen

nubikoen IncGamers Member

Party or no party doesn't matter, the ONLY things that matters are:

If the king killer is a 1st time killer AND you are in the cow lvl when he kills the king (no not elvis, the bovine one)!

6. Kevin William Cox

Kevin William Cox IncGamers Member

Thought so

Thanks guys. Guess I'll have to wait til NM. That's what happens when you walk into games and you don't know who you're playing with.Thanks again.

7. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

On the plus side you no longer have to worry about the king even in multiplayer games, and you can ignore the stupid "no king" rule thrown up by the clueless.

My chars kill the king ASAP in a singleplayer game, but to be fair: I have two CD keys, and my mules do NOT kill the king :) So I still have my private cow games without having to worry about game expiration times and such.