Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can't Open Seals In Act Iv Sanctuary!!!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by ROMVS, Feb 5, 2004.

1. ROMVS

ROMVS IncGamers Member

Can't Open Seals In Act Iv Sanctuary!!!

Has anyone else experienced it? I've experienced it right after they took down the servers for a few minutes.

2. Cujo

Cujo IncGamers Member

Seems to be a bug (I heard several people having same problem today)

3. BoneGnasher

BoneGnasher IncGamers Member

me too

yep, i can confirm that. I have been able to open grand visors seal's, and lord desies, but the last one never spawns. this happened right after the server shutdown, and continues to current.

4. Malachi

Malachi Banned

Leave it to blizz to just add bugs on the fly. Probably will take weeks for them to fix it.

5. Lylanthwol

Lylanthwol IncGamers Member

Ditto.

I've been doing Sanctuary runs daily for the past two weeks. No problems at all until last night. The Viz's seal will open fine. Infector's is 50/50. Rick's is a no go. Real fun when you need to rush a character to the socket quest.

6. DarkY

DarkY IncGamers Member

confirm opened 3, other 2 cannot be opened

7. k10wn

k10wn Banned

HOLY CRAP!!!

I thought I was losing my mind!

When I'm questing I generally do it solo, and when it came time to take out Diablo, I spent almost three hours meticulously eliminating EVERY single monster on my way to the big guy.

I got there and opened the first seal no problem. Went to activate the second but nothing would happen. After clicking on it several different ways (I clicked hard, I clicked soft, I clicked while rubbing my head and my tummy, I clicked while spinning around on one foot singing 'I'm a little teapot, short and stout...') but NOTHING.

So I figured, 'maybe in hell you have to activate the seals in a certain order now...' (this is my first thorough Diablo run in hell since the patch release)...
    So I went and cleared out the other seals....
    Third one I tried...NOTHING...
    Fourth one...voila! A bunch of Doomcaster's popped up...
    Fifth...no dice...

I write this as my barb sits next to one the impotent seals in the hopes that someone might suggest a fix so I won't have just pissed away 3 hours of my life...(and since my deaths were enough to lose as much XP as I gained, it will literally have been three hours PISSED away)

Overall, as much as folks complain, I think Blizzard has done quite a phenomenal job with the network...but there really should be a system of compensation for such incidences in which someone REALLY gets screwed.
    I dunno what this is all about, but I expect a quick remedy and a written apology...and two Grandfather swords delivered, unidentified, to my account within the next two hours...

Thank you for your attention,

k10wnsta w00t! w00t!

8. cat-atonic

cat-atonic IncGamers Member

act4 seal bugs

Confirmed from last night and still today act4 seals do not all open. After helping someone quest Diablo nearly a dozen times, we have all stopped. It seems hopeless till someone at Blizzard fixes it. Guess everyone will be stuck in act4 for quite awhile......

CAT

9. -Kueller-

-Kueller- IncGamers Member

Same problem....lame.

10. pagb666

pagb666 IncGamers Member

I'm playing with a ladder druid, I'm currently trying to kill Diablo in NM... but that won't happen, all seals will activate except the one that spawns the winged demons. I've already left and created another game, closed the game and running it again... reseting my comp... killing everything else and opening the other seal before that one... I can keep clicking the seal forever without nothing happening at all.

Thank god I found this thread with some answers, I was starting to feel really pissed.

11. MixedVariety

MixedVariety Banned

Good, I came here to make a post about this and I'm glad to see it isn't just me, or my own computer or corrupted program, that is experiencing it.
    How annoying is this, eh? I like to occasionally mf through hell and nm act4 for stuff, and it takes me a bit to clear hell sanctuary. Nothing like spending a half hour getting past everything to be stopped by the last seal.

12. -Kueller-

-Kueller- IncGamers Member

I went through Chaos and was able to pop all of the seals. I just did them in a different order than i usually do. My order was: Seis, Right(non-boss), Right Boss, Left(non-boss), Left Boss. I did this order and was able to kill diablo. Only tried it once so I'm not sure if it'll work everytime but it worked that time.

13. 694095

694095 IncGamers Member

Whenever I have this problem, I backtrack up the wing, and go try again, always works for me.

14. ROMVS

ROMVS IncGamers Member

possible solution

In this thread is a possible solution:

http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=131914

Apparently the Lord de Seis seal needs to be on the right and the Inspector of Souls needs to be around the corner. If it's not, it won't work until Blizz fixes the bug.

15. freakinrican

freakinrican IncGamers Member

Put me down as another person who can't get his char to fight Diablo. I can only open 3 out of the 5 seals with my normal sorc. SIGH...

16. Har-Megiddo

Har-Megiddo IncGamers Member

It's a bug. Blizzard's D2 forums confirms it. I had to run the CS 4 times until I got it to finally work. Good thing my sorc can handle it solo and quickly or I would've been much angrier (and I was angry) by run 2.

17. Malachi

Malachi Banned

Blizz will first deny there is a bug (there is no spoon). Then they will state they were never properly informed about the bug (as all 113 other 1.10 bugs were 'never reported' according to some emails from customer support). Then they will claim fixing the bug is not part of the scope of work being done right now since the release of WoW has all priority (although that game is a Dead on Arrival with the comming GuildWars title which is superior in any aspect of the game according to insiders). In about 7 months they will finally FIX the bug, but add 2 or 3 new ones in the process of which one will enable the password recovery abuse again, and the other will allow people to downgrade runes with a cube recipy rather then upgrade.

Bottom line is: those monkeys cant program a fix even if they wanted to.

18. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Dude you have any idea how much investment they need to put in to fix the bugs? They need to fix it, test it, then test all the previous bug to make sure they are still fixed. All these for something that is three years old and dosen't make them any money. They are a business, not a charity you know. Instead of sit on your *** and complain, go find out what's really involved in all the debugging process, and be greatful they bothered with a 1.10 patch. (find me another company that has been support a single game for this long)

19. Arcynic

Arcynic IncGamers Member

Don't make any money?

Diablo II is still one of the top selling games.

20. BuddySativa

BuddySativa IncGamers Member

I had this problem in 3 games last night.

It worked ok for me tonight, maybe the 'bug's gone away ?