Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can't make cow on Norm

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by darzog, Sep 16, 2006.

1. darzog

darzog IncGamers Member

Can't make cow on Norm

OK, I just returned to D2 after a 1.5 year or so break (it was right after the new 1.10 runewards came out I think). So I made myself a trusty Meteorb to get started from scratch again, finished Norm difficulty and now want to do some cow runs to get a couple pgems so I can buy some basic gear (0 FCR and resists sucks).

I got a leg, got a tomb, made a normal game, tried to cube but got the "I can't do that yet" message. I've killed baal (solo), gotten slayer title, exited bnet and relogged in (just in case char needed to reset), double checked I'm in a norm game but it still isn't working.

Is there something else I need to do before I can make cows? The only thing I can think of (and I hope this isn't it) is while I was leveling originally the King was killed. But this was before I had even finished act 3 so from what I remember it shouldn't have blocked cows from me (unless king is killed after I've completed Norm).

Any thoughts?

2. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

If someone has already killed the cow king in a game where the creator hadn't killed the cow king and you were in the portal as well as partied, you become unable to create cows with that character in the difficulty you were in.

3. darzog

darzog IncGamers Member

Even if I hadn't completed the level yet? I didn't know that. I thought you could only lose cow access if you had already finished that difficulty already.

That sucks. Thanks for the answer though.

4. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

its if you or anyone in your party kills king then you cant make cows anymore
    even if you havent completed baal quest yet

id suggest getting a mule grushed, then you can create a game with your norm char, get leg and tp book from akara, drop them in town (by now the game should be permed, 5min on bnet) exit and join with mule, make cow tp, exit and join with your cow killer

5. malakho

malakho IncGamers Member

Heres a quote form the cow king guide in the communities forum...

And from what I can remember about my expeirences, this holds true. Of course, everyone has ther own interpretation of their expeirences, so you will probably get a variety of info on this subject...I just stick with the guides info and have done well so far

Malachi

6. -Tempus-

-Tempus- IncGamers Member

darzog: from the time you started your char to the time you killed baal and tried to make the portal for the first time did you every join a game and go down to the cow lev to lev or pickup stuff? if you did this is what could have happened.

from the time you made your char at lev 1 upto the time they get ready to kill baal your char can kill the cow king all you want and you or anyone down there wont lose the quest to make the red portal. thats because at that time you cant make the portal yet since you havent killed baal.

but since you were down in cows you are at risk to lose the quest everytime someone kills the king other then you, since you dont know if they are killing him for the quest or not. what always happens is the king killed by someone that can make the portal and everyone loses the quest (if in the party or not) as long as they are down there. when the king is killed for the quest he always drops 8 stamina pots along with his mf drops.

so in the time you were lev'ing your char someone killed the king for the quest and messed up everyone...

OR
    you have wirl's leg from a different lev game and you cant use it to make cows unless its from the same lev game as you want to make the portal from. its red if its from the wrong lev game.

-Tempus-

7. darzog

darzog IncGamers Member

In one of the cow games I was in the maker accidentally killed the king, so that's what did it. I didn't realize at the time that it would blow it for me as well, I was under the impression that until I got the Baal quest I couldn't lose the king quest.

Obviously that assumption was wrong. But my char is now high enough that I can kill NM cows, and I never even entered a NM cow game, so I should be fine for it. Thanks for all the replies guys.