Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can't get the last two pieces of a set...

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by sicilian, Sep 15, 2015.

1. sicilian

sicilian Diabloii.Net Member

Hello,

I'm trying to complete the Light set for the Crusader, and I feel like I've been sitting on 4 out of 6 for a long time now. I've been running rifts and gambling only on the types that I'm missing, and I've found a LOT of set items, but every time it seems to roll as Akkhan's, and never light. Not sure if I've just run into some bad luck, or if there's something behind the scenes with Smart Drops that might be causing the game to think I want Akkhan's set more?

For reference, I'm missing the torso and feet pieces of the set. Are those more rare than the others? Any thoughts or am I just getting RNG screwed?

2. maareek

maareek Diabloii.Net Member

That's just normal RNG. There's nothing in the drop formula that cares, or knows, about what you want.

If you're getting additional pieces of the Light set that you already have, you can use Kanai's cube to roll them into different pieces of the Light set and hopefully get the missing pieces that way. But no matter what it can take awhile, so just keep playing and know that you'll get those pieces eventually.

3. sicilian

sicilian Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah, that's been the weird thing, as I haven't found redundant pieces either. I get excited anytime those green "boots" or "chest armor" drop, but it's always Akkhan's, haha. Oh well, good to know it's normal, so at least I know to just go back to the grind. I must have had better luck a couple seasons ago when I completed a DH set very easily. Thanks for the info!

4. fsj

fsj Diabloii.Net Member

I'm 8k shards into bracers trying to get a Gungdo gear for my seasonal monk. Last season I found them all over the place. Cursed RNG!

5. altermaven

altermaven Diabloii.Net Member

Haha, I've been trying to gamble a Gungdo Gear myself for my monk and I haven't been able to land on it yet. My crusader is batting zero on the Light set, and my WD is so close to getting Helltooth but RNG has to be all "lolnope" in my face. The ultimate in face-spitting? My UE DH is almost complete, but lacks a Yang's Recurve. So many rolls, so many nopes.

6. nerdwards

nerdwards Diabloii.Net Member

I didn't complete the Vyr's set until paragon 314. I feel you! Just stick with it! The drops will come

7. Jcakes

Jcakes Diabloii.Net Member

As people have said, using the reroll on any redundant pieces is a good idea. Otherwise rng is rng...