Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

cant get my body lost my stuff

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by oldirty, Apr 8, 2004.

1. oldirty

oldirty IncGamers Member

cant get my body lost my stuff

I just died and was unable to click on my body died again and when I restarted all my stuff was gone?!!!! This blows can anyone tell me what happened? I have been playing 1.10 for a while and that was my highest level character with all my best stuff. Please Help

2. th5418

th5418 Banned

You probably picked up something that was worth more than your body in gold.

3. fatmantan

fatmantan IncGamers Member

If u picked up something and then exited, the game thinks that ur body is equipped.

Therefore the body with all ur gear goes bye bye.

Bad luck dude :(

4. LexmarkX73

LexmarkX73 IncGamers Member

after you died did you put other gear on? do you rely on +strength charms or your items give you just enough strength, and say if you take something off you cant put it back on?

5. thaMcJin

thaMcJin Banned

i got a lvl 92 char, after i die, i lost tons of exp, i will have to do like 15 baal runs or something like that to gain it back. if i die ugly, i will just exist game no matter how much exp i lose. it takes me around 1 hour to gain back the exp, but if i lose my items, it will take me another 1 or 2 months to find them again.
    so exist after u die if u die ugly! :lol:

6. vdzele

vdzele IncGamers Member

The main cause of these problems are mostly suggestions that were written in most build guides about wearing gear with high level requirements by wearing other items with +strength or + dexterity. This way you are saving attribute points and you can spend them into vitality or energy. I had once the same problem, and from that time if an item requirement is 256 str I put 256 points in to my strength.

So when you pickup your corpse and you don’t have enough str or dex on you, you won’t be able to pickup the item with a high level requirement. In most cases corpses are hard to get/reach, so people ran to it "picks it up" and go go go, and sometimes save/exist, without checking did he picked all if his items, they were left in the corpse because he didn't have enough req at the moment.

7. Anthraquinone

Anthraquinone IncGamers Member

After you have died, press return and enter "/nopickup". That way you cannot pick up any items unless you press alt. You can, however, collect your corpse without alt being pressed.
    Enter "/nopickup" again to revert to normal mode.

-AnQ

8. thaMcJin

thaMcJin Banned

i am gonna try that rite now. that is really nice. i don't have waste a long time to get back my lost exp now. :thumbsup:

9. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

well at least you wernt stupid like this guy was. he went to a dueling game. dueled with his dueling gear on and died.. so instead of getting his body he puts on his mf gear. and dies again.. and left the game. and hes all pissed cus he lost his tal set etc. but yeah the /nopickup is a good idea. i always do that when i enter a dueling game.

- joe