Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can't find Homunculus drop info (checked FAQ)

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Animation, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Animation

Animation IncGamers Member

Can't find Homunculus drop info (checked FAQ)

All,

I have always been weak at search-fu. I searched for "Homunculus" in this forum and found people talking about it but I dont see where there is a list of who can drop it (from a MF perspective). I also checked the sticky FAQs and maybe I didnt look under the right sections (I checked MF and Items) but I didnt see a list of which Boss or commonly farmed foe can drop a Homunculus.

Can someone point me to the right post or resource?

Thanks!

Lewis

2. mostly

mostly IncGamers Member

Re: Can't find Homunculus drop info (checked FAQ)

The easiest place to look for drop rates is to download ATMA. It's a single player muling application, but it has a drop calculator built into it, under utility. The version I have only goes up to 1.11, but I don't think the drop rates have changed meaningfully since then. Keep in mind that if it says Diablo with an mlvl of 110 you should ignore that entry.

Incidentally, the best drop chance for Homunculus according to that is off Baal in nightmare.

3. Animation

Baal Nightmare? Sweet! I'm actually capable of that. I'm single player / offline only, but I have 2 computers so I can MF run and mule without utilities.

What about Nightmare Meph? Can he drop it?

The real reason I ask is because I want a max-block Necromancer, and most of the unique shields with resists or other valuable properties have 40% to 60% block for Necros. I am assuming that means I need to invest MORE than 2 points of dex per level to get something like Mosers to max-blocking, etc. Is that right?

So I was hoping to get a Homunculus since it has 74% or some-such blocking for a Necro, plus +skills and resists. Yum!

Are there viable alternatives to reaching max block, with some good resists on the shield, if I'm willing to lose the +skills?

Lewis

4. mostly

mostly IncGamers Member

NM Meph can drop it, but at roughly 1/6 of the rate.

If I remember correctly, for a shield like the homunculus you need a bit over 200 dex at level 90 for max block. You could also use a Rhyme grim shield or trolls nest, those are always good, and you might want to look into crafting an amulet with +block on it (safety, I think). I'm sure the necro forum could answer this better than I, but Rhyme (Shael+Eth) grim shields are always my backup shields.

5. Animation

Thanks!

Lewis

6. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Baal runs takes forever to finish, in this case, run hell Andariel.
    If you play SP, use Atma for muling, you will love it. All members of SP Forum here use it.