Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can't Find Anything

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by broncofan, May 19, 2005.

1. broncofan

broncofan IncGamers Member

Can't Find Anything

Ok I have a level 82 hammerdin and a level 84 sorc that is ice orb and meteororb. Hammerdin has decent equipment. Shako, +2 skills mace, lidless shield and I can't seem to run anything well such as baal or meph. What is my best bet to start building wealth. I have pretty much crap now and don't know if I should make a new build or mf in nm for stuff. I don't know. Can you guys help me out.

:(

2. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Try Hell Pits.

3. broncofan

Yea I have done a few pit runs and I know not to expect great stuff from the get go but I was wondering if I should just go for the unique monsters and level 2 of the pit or kill everything. is there some sort of strategy to use in the pit.

4. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

Kill all in the pits. All the critters in the pits can drop well enough and there are several groups of unique type critters in level one that drop at the same level as the ones in pit level two.

5. Gorny

Gorny Banned

All of the monsters in the pit, and the chest in level two. Also run the Crypts and Mauseluem ( Yeah , I know I spelled it wrong) and the Ancient Tunnels in Act 2.

6. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Banned

when you say you can't run meph well, do you mean that you die, or that you just don't get any decent drops? if your problem is that you die, use the moat trick. if your drops suck, you need more mf. best strategy is to sliver him with normal gear then tp to town and switch to full mf gear. also, you can trade for some ok mf equip pretty cheap. low gheeds will go for pgems. if you can't afford tals, skullders and goldwrap are cheap. nagel rings and chancies are cheap too. ali baba is also pretty cheap. you might just need to farm some pgems before you start mfing

7. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

It seems you don't have much stuff yet, so I suggest to make a few hundreds of Meph runs with your sorc, using the moat trick (lure Meph to the moat and meteor him from a distance) or perhaps nightmare cows for finding gems to buy all basic stuff you need. When acquiring items, start with MF stuff for the sorc, then survival stuff, so she can do hell Meph runs. Until then, you can as well start Meph runs in nightmare - he can drop 80% of the basic stuff anyway.

If you have problems with Meph:

1. Don't bother with the monsters in Durance 2, just teleport to the stairs down.
    2. Improve faster cast rate for safer teleporting through Durance 2 (Occy, Lidless, Magefists, rings)
    3. Improve faster hit recovery (charms)
    4. Improve resists and for awesome fire absorb, get a Rising Sun amulet !!!!!
    5. Ignore the councils if possible and apply the moat trick (see above).

8. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Focus on PGems first to get some better gear. Check the Trade Lists to get an idea of what kind of stuff you can get for Pgems. A lot of useful, popular items, aren't rated much more than Ko-Lem (10-40 Pgems) and it takes a lot less to get that kind of gemmage than you might think if you start grabbing and stashing every gem you get on a mule. Most players ignore all but flawless and perfect. You'll be getting gems twice as fast as them if you pick up everything and cube it up at every opportunity. If you run out of space simply toss the chipped gems, but that's something I almost never have to do. I very frequently go from a nearly full character inventory to near empty simply because I got the right combination of gems and was suddenly able to up all but a handful to perfect.

9. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

remember that mfing mostly depends on luck. Sometimes, you might have a whole night of crappy drops. Other times, you might like find 3 shakos in one night. You just have to be patient.

10. broncofan

I never knew exactly what people meant by the moat trick but that helps me out a bit...I will probably play with my sorc for a while and hope to come up with some items and also work on aquiring some more pgems. I currently have around 20 or so but I will get more.