Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can't ever find what you're looking for...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Naraka, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Naraka

Naraka IncGamers Member

Can't ever find what you're looking for...

I've been looking for a 2-socket high-def shield for Rhyme since around act 5 normal (i'm act 2 nm now)... Finally got my first Shael! wooooo!

Anyhow....i've found a couple low quality shields but nothing good. I've been doing full act 1 nm clears and most of act 2, and still can't find one..... although i did find a really cool Bonesnap and i plan on having a future mace barb use that....ehheheheeheh.

And before you ask i'm not looking for any handouts... I just wanted to vent a little. Took me ages of searching to find a decent def 2-socket hat for 'Lore', and a decent polearm type weapon for Strength for my merc.

Naraka

2. Shenk_The_Underachiever

Shenk_The_Underachiever Banned

:thumbsup: At this moment, I am currently playing the worlds smallest violin, for your woes I do lament.

3. steelsixtyIV

steelsixtyIV IncGamers Member

Wait until Act V to find a decent 2 socket shield. The bloody foothills usually has the highest drop %. I have seen a 2 soc grim shield drop as early as Act III NM. Any shield with a high % block will work.

4. Kaelin

Kaelin IncGamers Member

Another thing to keep in mind is, if you are looking soley for the shield, take off all your magic find, as more magics/rares/sets/uniques means less socketed items :)

Regards,
    Kaelin

5. Naraka

Naraka IncGamers Member

wow, thanks shenk... i was hoping to start a discussion aboutwhen you're looking for something you can't ever find it for along time... surely i'm not the only one who's experienced this phenomenon....

magic find affects how often socketed items drop? Was not aware.. i think i have an incidental mf around 67%. that too much?

i need the rhyme, mostly for it's cannot be frozen property, so i can remove my etheral hawkmail (def 171) which has the same property and give it to my merc so he'll stop getting owned by cold enchanted mobs.... 8(

Naraka

6. Shenk_The_Underachiever

Shenk_The_Underachiever Banned

Kaelin hit it right on the money. Take his advice, grasshopper, and you will not fail in your shield-locating quest of enlightenment! :winner:

7. spiral55

spiral55 IncGamers Member

Been there. Still there, actually. Kinda like my sword barb, who I'm getting a little tired of lately, constantly finding good two-handed swords (thus no one else really has a use for them), when what I really want are some nice boots.