Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can't Enter Cow Level ><

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Rynda, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Rynda

Rynda IncGamers Member

Can't Enter Cow Level ><

Hey, my Wind Druid just beat Baal on Nightmare level. So I went back to the encampment, bought a tome of town portal and tried to transmute my Wirt's Leg... And nothing happened. >< I thought that maybe it wasn't working because I had accidentally stuck a chipped gem in it... So I used the Hel rune recipe to remove it and tried again. Nothing. (Kind of mad at myself for wasting a Hel rune ><) ATMA doesn't say anything about the Cow King being dead on Nightmare (whereas it does say that for Normal). I'm getting frustrated. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

2. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Well, check the obvious things first - you've definitely got quest credit for killing NM Baal? ie, the final quest is all shown completed?
    Also, are you definitely in the NM rogue encampment?
    Also, this is a pure Single Player game, you aren't playing by yourself in a MP game?

Something socketed in your Leg wouldn't stop it from working, the recipe just needs a Leg type item. Still might not hurt to drop that one, start a new game and go get the leg again.

If none of these are the problem then there is no rational explanation. Sorry :scratch:

3. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

You're sure you didn't accidentally click "Hell" instead of "Nightmare?" I know I've done that before.

4. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Also make sure you're not using a Wirts Leg from Normal Difficulty.

IIRC you can't spawn a portal in normal with a leg from nm or hell, or one in nm with a leg from norm or hell, and can't spawn one in hell with one from norm or nm.

5. Rynda

Rynda IncGamers Member

Yes, it shows that I got credit for killing Baal. Yes, I went back and made sure I was on Nightmare difficulty. This was a pure single player game.

About the leg, I opened the cow level with my normal difficulty one, so I'm sure it's not that. And I haven't picked up a Hell difficulty Wirt's leg yet.... I don't know, it's annoying me. :confused:

Thank you for your replies though.

6. Muay Thai Warrior

Muay Thai Warrior IncGamers Member

Tome of town portal with the leg?

7. essojay

essojay IncGamers Member

So was the leg from normal difficulty? And you were trying to open a portan in nm difficulty? Maybe we have our answer.

8. Johney

Johney IncGamers Member

that doesn't sound right. I'm pretty sure i opened a Cow lvl Tp in norm with a NM wirts leg. (and also, does d2 even notice what difficullty an item is droped in?)

9. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

I believe that they changed that in 1.10. Now you actually do need the same leg as the difficulty you're in.

10. aidennz

aidennz IncGamers Member

You used a hel rune when you could of just gone and got another leg. :scratch:

and they changed it so you need the correct difficulty leg in 1.10

11. Johney

Johney IncGamers Member

Nope, i just took a Nm wirts leg and opened a portal in norm.(like 3 seconds ago, so you can)

12. krzyhobo

krzyhobo IncGamers Member

Really? Though I don't have ATMA handy I'm almost positive it can identify the difficulty in which a Wirt's Leg dropped - which is a ridiculous "feature" if it has no effect on the portal.

edit: Ridiculous feature on the part of the game-designers, not ATMA :D

13. Rynda

Rynda IncGamers Member

I meant that I had already used my leg from normal to open the normal level cow level... And I thought that you could open the portal to tristram after you had already done the quest.

Checked ATMA and I couldn't see on there which difficulty level the leg is from. >< So you guys think I should try to go back to Nightmare Tristram and get a new leg (if I can)?

14. Johney

Johney IncGamers Member

You can get an infinite number of wirts legs by exiting and re-entering the game.(the portal to tristram never closes)

15. Rynda

Rynda IncGamers Member

Ok so now I feel incredibly stupid and noobish. >< I just went back to Tristram and got another leg and it worked. :clap:

I'm still angry at myself, but at least I've completed the cow level now. Thank you all so much.. :D