Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can't end Act 2 - My staff won't work

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by tartouffe, May 22, 2008.

1. tartouffe

tartouffe IncGamers Member

Can't end Act 2 - My staff won't work

I'm playing on b'net as alevel 52 Paladin in Hell. All was going fine untill I got to the part where you have to put you heraldic staff into the Socket in oder to burn the whole in the wall and meet Duriel.

I've got both parts of the staff and used them in the cube to transform them successfully. Only trouble is that no matter what , I can not insert them into the socket. A couple of other strange things have hapend with the staff: 1st every time I open the cube (wheer I am storing it) I get a lightening flash - like I was transforming it again. 2nd when I look at the staff the title is in RED - I seem to remember it being in gold in other games.

Has anybody seen this before ? Is they a way round the issue? I am thinking of just dropping the staff then saving and exiting the game then go back to the original location sto find the two component parts - sort of starting again, does anybody knwo if this will work ?

2. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Re: Can't end Act 2 - My staff won't work

Are you sure that you are using both the staff and the amulet that you obtained in Hell mode, and not one or the other from an earlierdifficulty?

I may be wrong, but I seem to remember this causing problems.

3. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

If the staff is red you somehow managed to get one from a different difficulty. You probably bugged the duriel quest in NM or something...

4. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

I believe simply dropping the staff parts or the whole staff in normal or nightmare would also cause your problem.

5. tartouffe

tartouffe IncGamers Member

Thanks for the help guys,
    I think the problem was that I went back to normal level to do a few pinkale (?) runs.
    In the end I just dropped the staff exited then found the two pieces again.