Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can't decide on new druid, advice please :)

Discussion in 'Druid' started by )BoNes(, Jul 5, 2008.

1. )BoNes(

)BoNes( IncGamers Member

Can't decide on new druid, advice please :)

Currently I have an 83 blizz mfer on ladder and am wanting to start my next character. The ladder reset sparked my interest in d2 again, I havn't played since 1.10. So I'm thinking its time to start up a decent dueler/uber runner. I'd like this character to be able to do a bit of everything, being able to uber and duel would be especially nice, although I'd enjoy being able to clear hell chaos, baal, nithalak as well. Unfortunately I can't decide on the build. Back in the day I had tried the majority of them (windy, fireclaw somewhat, fury/rabies, and spent tons of runes trying to make a bad *** mauler..). However, these were builds all played without any consideration for pvm and ubers and most were made in 1.1 (maul=1.09). Also I was quite rich and had no problem getting 10x skill/lifers. Nowadays things are a bit different and I'm poor as **** on the new ladder. Also, I'd like this build to be something of a main character so entertainment value is quite important too. In summary of importance I am most interested in pvp > ubers > pvm. However all 3 are important to me.
    So please enlighten me as to what I should be making.

I could go windy, I love their versatility and I consider them to be one of the top duelers (tied with bone necs obv). I also believe that clearing hell would not be a huge challenge, though getting my ele charms may be. However I'm fairly sure this build is hopeless for ubers (be happy to be proven wrong though).

I could go wolf druid, either fury/rabies or pure fury (input?). I had a very solid fury/rabies in his 90s back in the day however carrion was still bugged to syngergize the +poison creeper with rabies, allowing for a stronger build overall. And even then, he had trouble in dueling games vs real opponents such as strong bone necs and other such opponents. I have never made a pure fury and see it as an interesting option, though it is a build that I would be collecting gear for a long time. Pure fury seems very intrigueing, however a little more hopeless then fury/rabies for pvp..

I love bear druids, they are definitely one of my favourite characters. Unfortunately, unless times have changed, they suck! Is it possible to make a good mauler nowadays? Definitely my favourite build and I'd love tweaking it, however it seems just hopeless for pvp. However, maul can also potentially destroy ubers correct?

This leaves fireclaws which I know can be decent for pvp when used skillfully with shockwave. Fireclaws can also solo the vast majority of hell via shockwave (heart.gif), as can maul. However, unlike maul, fireclaws can't solo ubers (or am I wrong? I'd love to be..).

I also wanted to ask about bears vs wolves in general. While I know wolves have superior fhr, bears have shockwave and natural stun (maul) which seem to me as very important tools. Which is, at the bottom line, more effective for dueling?

I'm really having trouble narrowing down what I can make, everything has so many positives and negatives and I no longer know as much as I'd like about Diablo 2 to be able to make this decision easily.

So, given what I have said is important to me, what should I be making?

And if you don't know, please feel free to share your druids positives and negatives, and what you would make given the chance to remake.

:scratchchin:

2. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

Re: Can't decide on new druid, advice please :)

Ribby wolf for pvm/ubers
    windy for pvp

3. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

I don't know the answers to most of your questions, but for ubers ribcracker fury druid is the best. For pvp (and probably pvm) windies are good. The rest of the builds are quite inferior to these, but may be more fun. Fireclaws is probably the better of them though. I don't have that much experience with it though, so I don't know

4. NumtyDoo

NumtyDoo IncGamers Member

I have been using a towndump werebear, lvl 55 now, seems to be doing well. If it gets too hot I just do a shockwave or two and let summons and merc take em out.

5. LA Michigander

LA Michigander IncGamers Member

Rabies... It is just a very unique pvp skill that brings a lot of fun into a cookie cutter environment. If you go for a rabies/fury hybrid you could keep cb gear in stash for ubers because you will have a maxed fury. With ladder just starting its going to be hard to get a perf Dweb and psn Monarch to make a narly Rabies... So just use a lower resist wand until then.