Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can't create a game?!?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by jokoo, Apr 13, 2005.

1. jokoo

jokoo IncGamers Member

Can't create a game?!?

I don't know if t's a bug or its my fault, but I think, here will be the best place to ask.

I can't create or even join a game on Battlenet. I'm logged, I can pick a character, but when I want to create a game or join a game, then nothing happens for some time, then the picture changes to the normal "door" picture, but then i get an information that i Can't connect.

I didn't have any problems with that before, and I don't know what could have happend to the game.
    Please, can anyone help?!?

2. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Offhand I know two reasons that cause this:
    a) some packetfilter (aka firewall) on your side prevents you from connecting
    b) your game has crashed and the server still thinks you are trying to connect. This is actually a server bug, but it will time out after a few minutes, though, so it probably isn't the problem
    c) ???

3. jokoo

jokoo IncGamers Member

Thanks for the feedback.
    I really don't know what could it be. I don't think it could be the b) point.
    The firewall-maybe, but I've only got the win xp service pack2 firewall, and Diablo is in the "allowed" list. And if it would be a firewall thing then I couldn't log into BN.
    I'm powerless, please somebody help, or I'll have to make a format C to play my beloved game:D

4. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

is this open or closed bnet?

5. jokoo

jokoo IncGamers Member

It's closed. Ladder