Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cant choose

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by hydrolance, Apr 9, 2005.

1. hydrolance

hydrolance Diabloii.Net Member

Cant choose

Well started playing d2 again but i need to start over. so which char do you think would be best? its gonna be pvm and mostly fit with mf items until i get enough rares to start a pvp. any ideas?

2. Chimaira

Chimaira Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome to the forums:)

I think you should choose either a Skellymancer or a meteorb sorceress. Both are very good untwinked and are very good MF'ers. Actually I think you should start with a skellymancer, since they don't really require any gear that can't be found reasonably easy. They may not be the fastest MF'er but you can load up a lot of MF without dying. Then when you get some better gear like shako, vipermagi you can build a faster meteorber.

3. woundead

woundead Diabloii.Net Member

I second the skellimaster idea, was my first char when I restarted, and I am stilll using him now.

4. manfaux

manfaux Diabloii.Net Member

i think sorc is one of the best chars for noobs like me...
    especially the meteorbs

5. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon Diabloii.Net Member

Skellimancer for sure. They are the best untwinked. You can buy nice wands easily. If you can get the money(Get a friend to loan you gold or something), buy a +3 skele mastery wand right when you make your skellimancer and the low levels will be easy.

6. BFD

BFD Diabloii.Net Member

A +3 Raise Skeleton wand will actually do more than a +3 Skeleton Mastery. You will get an extra skeleton and each skeleton will do more damage.

7. hydrolance

hydrolance Diabloii.Net Member

1. I have no friends lol, i just started.
    2. Are skellymancers good for mf? i sorta remember, but it was awhile since i played, it was like .6 when i played
    I remember sorcs were great for mf but i dunno what changed since then

8. BFD

BFD Diabloii.Net Member

In general:

Skelemancers are considered good for mf because you can load them up with mf gear and not have to really worry about using gear to boots skills, resists, life, etc because you have an army out to protect you. The downside of their safety is that they tend to be slower.

Sorceresses are considered good because they can move quickly with teleport and then they can rely on their skills to do the damage as opposed to equipment. Sorceresses also have static which can lower a monsters hp's to half rather quickly.

9. Killer_sss

Killer_sss Diabloii.Net Member

sweet avatar man!

truthfully i can't tell u which is better. if your into mfing until you find enough to get better equip and then toss a char take a pure fire sorc with max metor fire mastery fireball annd fireball and run hell andy non stop.

if you want a char to keep around definately make a fischy mancer 20 corspe explosion 20 skeleton 20 skelly mastery and 1 summon resist amp dmg decrepify and all prequisties best build you can make for the most part and you can even finish with a clay golem for more slow.

a metorb will prolly by the fastest most versitle but with speed comes danger

nehow for ne of the mercs the best thing is insight that way you get practically infinite mana with little or no investment into mana.

anyhow gl what ever u choose.

10. Chaossblade

Chaossblade Diabloii.Net Member

i think skellymancer is very fun, especially when you see all your skellies running about and killing everything for u