Cannot be Frozen.... Lies????

Bloodbathi

Diabloii.Net Member
Cannot be Frozen.... Lies????

I'm wearing a Ravenfrost with the CBF mod.

Yet on occasion, Nihlathak or even a Champion/Super-Unique will turn me blue and slow down my arm speed to the equivalent of a firm spanking.

What's the point of a mod if it doesn't work?

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
CBF will not protect from the slowing effects of the Holy Freeze aura. You were probably slowed down because Nihlathak or some boss had that aura.

lagalot

Diabloii.Net Member
Bloodbathi said:
I'm wearing a Ravenfrost with the CBF mod.

Yet on occasion, Nihlathak or even a Champion/Super-Unique will turn me blue and slow down my arm speed to the equivalent of a firm spanking.

What's the point of a mod if it doesn't work?
The first time I faced up against Duriel when I started playing Diablo2 I had the same reaction as you.I was using Death sash which has cbf and was like wtf am I frozen.
I get it all the time when running Travi council, magic finding, wearing a raven frost.
Best tactic is to take out the monster with holy freeze aura first.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
from http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/resistances.shtml
The magical ability "Half Freeze Duration" halves chill length, but this reduction is only applied once, multiple items with this ability do not lower chill length further, while "Cannot be Frozen" provides the ultimate protection against chill by setting the duration to 0. This should not be mistaken with Holy Freeze. Holy Freeze will slow Animation speed directly while still showing the same blue overlay as when you're chilled.

windwingwind

Diabloii.Net Member
There are four ways an opponent can slow down the action of your character:

1) Attack with cold dmg
2) Holy Freeze aura
3) Decrepify curse
4) Attack with weapons with the mod "Slow target by X%"

If your char got hit by attack type 1,2 and 4 he/she will become blue and get slowed. The "Cannot be frozen" mod provide protection against attack type 1 only. Yet, it's such an important mod to have that almost every melee char build you can find recommend one ravenfrost ring at least.