Canadian military bringing it on

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
Operation Medusa

Led by the Canadians, the Taliban have had their heads handed to them. Good job guys. May your ammo only run low after you've killed them all.
I'm still not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, I feel a certain pride that we're actually doing things over there. On the other, I kind of miss us being peacemakers. There's a different kind of pride knowing that we're there helping, but not killing ... two different kinds of pride fighting for dominance, really. I'd have to do research into the army that I don't have time for to be 100% certain of where I stand.

How can you feel anything other than pride that the Canadians are doing a hell of a job killing the Taliban? There can be no peace with the Taliban. Only victory.

Johnny

Banned
Yeah I heard Canada let the coalition borrow thier one Tank for the sake of freedom.

Someone post that "Canadian Navy" picture.

Dutchman

Diabloii.Net Member
How can you feel anything other than pride that the Canadians are doing a hell of a job killing the Taliban? There can be no peace with the Taliban. Only victory.
I would prefer we kill no one, no matter how ridiculous they might be. I much prefer leaving the imposition of values on others to our Yankee counterparts, let the hate fall on those who are certain they are right. Is that the easy way out? Damn right, thats what you guys are for.

Comfortable leaving death to others, despite how unfair that is ---->Dutch

Dutch, that kind of honesty is appreciated. Even though I think you're wrong, I'll accept your stance. Just so long as you never forget that they would have hit you guys as well except for the outstanding work of the RCMP.

You're actually going to believe that bull****? You must not have gotten the word that the AP has been using known enemy as "sources". Why not do the responsible thing and actually check with the guys serving over there? There are these things called milblogs... the men and women from over there... yeah... read them...

Good god, I nearly wet myself when I read this:

Aluminum warships will have the capability of traveling at speeds up to 60 knots, allowing them to easily track and intercept enemy vessels, such as rusty, Chinese refugee-laden freighters.
Maybe we'll start sending Raptors after Mexican refugee-laden Ford F150s.

Talk about overkill.

bladesyz

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh, this is old news? Asked and answered then.
Well, the fact that it's in the wiki should clue you in... :p

You're actually going to believe that bull****? You must not have gotten the word that the AP has been using known enemy as "sources". Why not do the responsible thing and actually check with the guys serving over there? There are these things called milblogs... the men and women from over there... yeah... read them...
Okay, so now Wikipedia is a more reliable source than AP?

buttershug

Diabloii.Net Member
I would prefer we kill no one, no matter how ridiculous they might be. I much prefer leaving the imposition of values on others to our Yankee counterparts, let the hate fall on those who are certain they are right. Is that the easy way out? Damn right, thats what you guys are for.

Comfortable leaving death to others, despite how unfair that is ---->Dutch
What if killing someone is the only way to get food aid to starving people.
Or the only way to build schools and roads and bridges?

Canada is not there to kill taliban. They are there to build infrastructure. If the taliban try to kill people providing aid, what should be done to the taliban?

buttershug

Diabloii.Net Member
I thought canada has navy to protect its fish not to keep the world peace.
When Ms. Kimmy was trying for re-election I said she should take some sea knig helicoptors and blow some foreign fishing trawlers out of the water. She didn't and took the conseratives from the largest majority ever down to two seats. A few months later the Tobinator did the job although he simply arressted the fishermen. I still think if she had gone after those fishermen, she would have done better than she did.