Can you Runeword a Set item?

MelBrooks

Diabloii.Net Member
Can you Runeword a Set item?

I have a 3 socket Aldur's Rhythm and was wondering if a Runeword can be made from it. Anyone have any idea? Thanks.

nickedoff

Diabloii.Net Member
Runewords can only be created in "grey" items.
If you don't find a grey-named item that you want, you can use the first quest in act five to add sockets to a white-named item.

Runewords cannot be made in sets, crafted, magic, rare or unique equipment.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
nickedoff said:
If you don't find a grey-named item that you want, you can use the first quest in act five to add sockets to a white-named item.

Runewords cannot be made in sets, crafted, magic, rare or unique equipment.

Kind of a shame, too... if they introduced a recipe to upgrade set items and let us make runewords in set items, I'd totally be up for a druid using a 'fury' aldur's devil star.

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
quietus said:
Kind of a shame, too... if they introduced a recipe to upgrade set items and let us make runewords in set items, I'd totally be up for a druid using a 'fury' aldur's devil star.
Enigma Griswold's armor
Sanctuary Griswold's shield
Hand of Justice Griswold's weapon
on top of the set bonuses. :yikes:

Luckymofo

Diabloii.Net Member
quietus said:
even if set items could be runeworded, you wouldn't get a 'fury' aldurs devil star.....because you can't up set items...iirc, aldurs mace is a jagged star...hehe

RequiemDeath

Diabloii.Net Member
Dream Griswold corona, Enigma Griswold armor... Wow... Too over powered I think... It'd be neat though... How many sockets does Griswold's Shield have? 3 or 4? Either way, a rediculous runeword could be made with it... Exile, Sanctuary, Dragon... lol Wow, could all the stats even fit on the screen!?

*Requiem_Death

RequiemDeath

Diabloii.Net Member
Evrae Altana said:
Griswold's helm only has 2 sockets. Dream requires 3.
3 sockets.
Lore then... lol It must of been the shield that I was thinking of as having 3 sockets...

*Requiem_Death