Can you read in your dreams?

Arokthis

Diabloii.Net Member
Can you read in your dreams?

Most people I ask say they can't. If they see a McDonald's sign, the M is recognizable, but the rest of the words are babble, much like they are in comic books when something screws up. On the other hand, I can read like everything is normal. I've re-read entire books from my childhood during a dream, an even had one dream where everyone lived in a house made from a book that was their life story. Everything you did was written down in the book. I had an appointment, so I went for a ride on my magical flying toilet (Don't ask!) and I saw my own book. The words "...and right now he's procrastinating by reading this very sentence instead of getting..." appeared as I hovered overhead.

So, how about you?

AgentOrange

Diabloii.Net Member
Arokthis said:
Most people I ask say they can't. If they see a McDonald's sign, the M is recognizable, but the rest of the words are babble, much like they are in comic books when something screws up. On the other hand, I can read like everything is normal. I've re-read entire books from my childhood during a dream, an even had one dream where everyone lived in a house made from a book that was their life story. Everything you did was written down in the book. I had an appointment, so I went for a ride on my magical flying toilet (Don't ask!) and I saw my own book. The words "...and right now he's procrastinating by reading this very sentence instead of getting..." appeared as I hovered overhead.

So, how about you?
I had a dream where I was a trout swimming majestically through a babbling brook, then Anak picked me up and used me as a weapon to give OTF foulers bludgeons :rant: :rant:

Intolerance

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't often remember my dreams. What I do rarely recall is usually the "gist" rather than specifics. I don't recall reading, however.

Jigga-Scrooge

Diabloii.Net Member
i once had a dream where i was reading a book that was titled "how to solve world hunger and other worldwide problems". there were a bunch of equations and reading that made sense and they would probobly work too. i still know what they say, but i dont pay much attention to them.

Jimmeh

Diabloii.Net Member
I have read stuff rarely in dreams

now a new question: Have you ever seen your reflection in a dream?

Ive seen many mirrors and water sources but never my own reflection.. How bout everyone else?

I'm not sure it is really reading but I know I at least understand what it is supposed to mean. I know once I am awake I can read the memory of it. I remember a Batman episode he said he knew he was in a dream becuase he couldn't read. . . Can anyone confirm? Anyee?

Geeno

Diabloii.Net Member
I just dream about situational comedy and... well.. situations. Not good situations, not bad ones, just average ones... Like sharpening a pencil or walking just to look cool.

Akira

Well, the only time i remember reading in dreams is once i was looking at this strange trading card that had all this info in japanese and the card was informing me the monster on the card had a monster-type was crystal. When i flipped the card over it was all shiny and i got easily distracted after that.

KiL

Diabloii.Net Member
I, for one, constantly and vividly remember my dreams and can also claim to have read in them. One instance was the word "STRAWBERRY" as a headline on a newspaper and also the word "angle", which turned out to be an answer on a pop-quiz the following day.
As to the reflection statement, In a recent dream I had an argument with 8 different, fragmented versions of myself, all sitting in enourmous luxury chairs next to a roaring fireplace, does that count?

Ev_

Diabloii.Net Member
I know exactly what your friends mean. I can't read in my dreams. Words are blurred out.

Mecal

Diabloii.Net Member
ive read in my dreams, i had one recently, it involved an AIM conversation. heh, yeah, crazy.

but the thing is, i could read it, but when i would want to re-read it, it was all blurry... hmm? maybe its cuz i couldnt remember what it was as i was dreaming, but as i was typing i coudl read it, just when i wanted to go back it was blurry -- strange :scratch:

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
You fools dream about words. There's nothing to read in my dreams, unless there's something actually written on the boobies.