Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can you cause a Realm Down for yourself?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Jaimes, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Jaimes

Jaimes IncGamers Member

Can you cause a Realm Down for yourself?

Is it possible to cause yourself to be Realm Down for a period of time because you join/create too many games within a period of time?

I ask because I've gotten Realm Down several times in the past few days.. and it has usually been when I've been doing Mephisto runs.

Realm Down, not an error message that you get when you log your account on.

While we're at it... what are the ways you can cause yourself to be unable to log onto B-net for a period of time?

2. Gaza0469

Gaza0469 IncGamers Member

Yes - for USWest and USEast they tend to realm you down if you create new games too fast, or make a game hold it open for 5mins then exit the game and enter the same game with a different character too many times. (muling)

General rule I think on the US realms is if you make a game and leave and do it 4-6 times with less than a one minute break between each one then you will get a realm down.

The are a lot less strict on Asia I, II and III.

I cant comment on europe

This is to help prevent bots from making games and MFing, basically if you make 4-5 games in like 5 minutes the server goes -- possible bot - ban that account from logging on for 5-30 minutes ( its fairly random as well.)

Trying repeatedly to log back on while you have a realm down can actually increase your ban time upto about 24 hours sometimes - although it doesnt always do this and is very random as well.

so yeah, basically to answer your question on the US realms you can easily get yourself a realm down.

On Asia its a lot harder to do so.

3. Jaimes

Jaimes IncGamers Member

Well, I am sort of like a bot in my robotic repetitiveness of Mephisto over, and over...

Come to think of it, I've gotten realm downs trying to join a good baal game too.

Thanks for the help :)

I am just too fast at typing and finding stuff with the mouse.. too much computer time ;) I can type the baal game name to join in less than a second probably... but if I ever do it that fast the game doesn't let me join. I do that a lot, with mephisto runs too until I learned to count for a second or two after typing the stuff in to hit enter.

Does anyone else have that problem?

4. Skips

Skips IncGamers Member

Yeah I get that, Im in the middle of a run and like "taco baal 7" and game unable to be found, "taco baal 7" game unable to be found "taco baal 7" 1,2,3 enter game is full. GAH.

5. ReZon

ReZon IncGamers Member

Yeah, all the time, usually happens once every day or two on Pindle/Andy runs.

I have "heard" that entering chat in between games helps. I can't say it helps for sure, it may just be coincidence that it has been helping me.