Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can you add max sockets?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Zangeif, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

Can you add max sockets?

I've heard that it is possible to take a weapon or armor with 0 sockets and cube it to have the max amount. I found an ethereal war pike yesterday with no sockets and I would like to make it have 6 sockets. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

2. Green_Squirrel

Green_Squirrel IncGamers Member

Take the pike to Larzuk, get him to "add sockets" to it. In order to make this option available, you go kill Shenk.

Socket quest can only be done once per difficulty per character.

There is also a cube recipe that doesn't guarantee 6 sockets like Larzuk, so I wouldn't recommend it. But here's the info:

Although I haven't tested this recipe, it says the item must be "normal", but doesn't specify whether ethereal works.

3. Azonian

Azonian IncGamers Member

Heres another thing to keep in mind...Lazak would be a pretty much guaranteed 6 sockets vs the cube quest...theres a reason why though....the lvl of the item that is dropped affects the chance of # of sockets... higher the lvl of item(which is equal to the lvl of the monster) = greater chance of more sockets up to max....in other words...if a monster dropped the etheral war pike...its more likely lvl 85 this means that your war pike is at least lvl 85...which means ....your war pike is almost 99% guaranteed to get the max sockets 6 sockets....vs the cube.... of 1/6 chance to get 6 sockets. (its random on how many sockets your get (1-6)).

4. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

ANY white item that drops with an item level of 40 or higher will get max sockets GUARANTEED from larzuk in any difficulty of the socket quest. Since no monster can drop a warpike at an item level less than this, a warspike will always get max sockets from larzuk.