Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can we uber level?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by UberB, May 2, 2008.

1. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

Can we uber level?

My friend and I each have a Hammerdin, and he also has a BO barb which can be the trigger. What I want to know is whether or not we can kill the minions fast enough in a full game.

My setup: 125 FCR and 86 FHR

Shako Shael
    Hoto
    Vipermagi (Um, ort or thul?)
    35 FCR spirit in 26 res all sacred targe
    Frostburns
    Arach's
    Raven + BK
    Treks
    Mara's

Pally torch and nothing else:thumbsup:

My friend has 75 FCR

Shako
    Hoto
    GA um
    HoZ
    Magefists
    Arach's
    Raven + soj
    Either waterwalks or treks can't remember

He has a pally torch and a few combat GC's

We'll both have about 3k life after BO. We can use the oak sage charges on hoto for even more life I guess if it boils down to it.

His BO barb can be the trigger, but does the trigger have to tank? The last person to join is where the minions spawn right? So the trigger doesn't have to take any damage, just stand close to Meph without being noticed?

Also I have an insight merc but he can't seem to survive at the moment, he's an Insight prayer merc, only has 57 res all in hell except 95 poison. I gave him Ral'ed Andy's, Insight thresher and eth upped GA but he can't seem to get high enough res to take advantage of the 15 max res...I guess everyone who said GA is the best armor for mercs never tested it out in game:cry:

So I figure I can either a) improve my merc or b) run cleansing or Meditation

In the case of the former, how? In the case of the latter, which aura? Do they heal enough? Is 75% resist all enough to tank without Enigma's life per kill?

Finally, is uber leveling still effective without the bone wall glitch?

2. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

Re: Can we uber level?

Not AS effective but still works. Bonewall is x2-x3 faster, literally.

Easy way for your merc to survive is you bring him to leecher area then charge out, it'll trap the merc.

Cleanse over meditation.

3. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

I looked at the videos and when you use the bone wall glitch, the minions literally go berserk on the hammerdins...will we be able to kill the fast enough is the question.

4. Yacoby

Yacoby IncGamers Member

I have run a UT with two hammerdins, you just have to drink pots sometimes.

5. Norrit

Norrit IncGamers Member

Try upped GA with a kira's guardian for the high resists merc. I personally like this setup better on rogue mercs, as they tend to avoid melee combat altogether and thus are only really vunerable against elemental attacks. Kiras will give the merc the boost in resists it needs to reach the 90 all resists cap provided by GA and cannot be frozen. The only thing is that you'll lack life leech (which is very important to a merc). on Act 2 merc, i'd go eth gaze/eth fortitude and eth tresher insight all the way. Alternatively, you could go with eth GA(um)/eth Gaze (Um) and insight pole but I don't think it's worth the effort

6. prion

prion IncGamers Member

if we're only talking about the spinning part and not the setup, keep in mind that leech will do nothing vs skellies so don't bother about that when choosing his helm.

7. Yacoby

Yacoby IncGamers Member

I forgot to mention, if you have an eni on any other chars, it could be worth it to swap it over. The +life per kill is great (Reduces the need for pots)

8. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

Nope, no Enigma on any chars, although my friend might be able to get one in the near future. I hope that Cleansing and the merc's prayer coupled with Insight should be enough.