can u still get a ccb with chips?

pepperisadog

Diabloii.Net Member
can u still get a ccb with chips?

I hate what 110 did to this game (plus im too poor for anything good), and I'm trying to make a barb that uses a good cruel... does the chipped gem recipe still work to make a cruel?

lonnie913

Diabloii.Net Member
cruel weapons are not used anymore. they are far outclassed by some new uniques and ridiculous runewords. also chipped gems are not used anymore (since people only used them to roll cruel weapons :lol: ). perfect gems are the new cheap currency (used for rerolling magic items, mostly charms) and you can get quite a good bit of decent gear with them.

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
yes. i made one with a cs. there are some cheap new runewords for ww. i use crescent moon in a legend sword.

pepperisadog

Diabloii.Net Member
thanks, but I don't care if cruels aren't good anymore. I don't like the new items, and I used to tear things up with my old ww barb with one of the best cruels on east, a perfect cruel col sword of butchery. I might not kill as fast as a botd, but I know how to work a barb, I'll be fine.
The question is, will the chip recipe work? Did they change the recipe itself? Why would I get 1-2 sockets?

lonnie913

Diabloii.Net Member
yes the chip recipe does still work and there is also an added flawless gem recipe which can roll you a cruel. however the recipe is changed to give only 1 or 2 sockets randomly instead of 3.

pepperisadog

Diabloii.Net Member
so could a weapon bought off larzuk be rolled to make a cruel? I've got an 83 paladin that I'm going to use to roll, and I'm wondering if larzuk's colossus blade/sword can be made cruel, or if it's too low an ilvl. Thanks!

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
pepperisadog said:
thanks, but I don't care if cruels aren't good anymore. I don't like the new items, and I used to tear things up with my old ww barb with one of the best cruels on east, a perfect cruel col sword of butchery. I might not kill as fast as a botd, but I know how to work a barb, I'll be fine.
The question is, will the chip recipe work? Did they change the recipe itself? Why would I get 1-2 sockets?
sounds to me that you need to switch over to classic. There are not runewords and exceptional/elite uniques there. Therefore, cruel weapons are worth more.

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
mhl12 said:
sounds to me that you need to switch over to classic. There are not runewords and exceptional/elite uniques there. Therefore, cruel weapons are worth more.
Cruel is an expansion prefix, it can't spawn in Classic.

pepperisadog

Diabloii.Net Member
yeah, I don't want expac, I want to deck out my barb 109 style. So is that a yay/nay on larzuk col blade getting cruel prefix?

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
Colossus Blade can get Cruel when using the 3chips recipe, but if you really want that 1.09 feeling back, you could just as well play 1.09 offline. There are still a couple of folks playing that version in the SPF.