Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can u re-Roll Runewords?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by dynastyzero, Mar 22, 2005.

1. dynastyzero

dynastyzero IncGamers Member

Can u re-Roll Runewords?

yeah i know this is kinda a newbish question but can u n how?

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

You can't:( And welcome to the forums...If you get a bad roll...that's just too bad, you have to get some new runes and try again...

3. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

in a way you can reroll them. :)

you get your items and you put the runes in it in the right order, if you you dont like the mods you get i.e. low faster cast rate on spirit. you can use hel rune+scroll of town portal+the socketed item, then transmute it. this will remove and destroy the runes, leaving the item ready to be runeworded again. this is only good to do on runewords with low to mid runes, items using high runes would best be traded for the things to make the item from step one.

doing this you will need to only get the runes needed and not find a new item

4. greedy(hd)

greedy(hd) IncGamers Member

im gona re roll my ethereal hoto when i get a vex again (now a low 32 %) becuase ethereal looks so much cooler :p

5. chrisng

chrisng IncGamers Member

Why unsocket? I think that's only useful if the base item you have is uber godly ie. a eth 15%ed superior zerker axe, and you want to make a 400+%ed botd

Getting another base item for common runewords is not that hard

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I guess you will get more than an eth 4 socket flail is worth when selling that HotO.

7. Singollo

yeah botd is a high runeword IMO as well as hoto, both i'd rather sell for currency then unsocket.

some poeple dont like using sup'd items for runewords for the high repair cost, but for runewords with the indestructible mod, yes using a perfect 15%ed superior items is best way to go.

if you have the runes too do so, do what you like i will not stop you :thumbsup:

8. greedy(hd)

greedy(hd) IncGamers Member

factor in the coolnes factor :p

and a mate just found 15% sup eth zerker hes gonna roll multiple times if needed :p

9. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony IncGamers Member

I think the only reason to unsocket runewords and make them again is when a base item is great AND the runeword is not that expensive. Yes, a 15%sup eth Berserker axe is godly, but even a 350% BotD in it is 10 times more godly. Same for HotO. You'd say a 30% allres is a crap. 10% allres on something else is definitely cheaper than wasting one more Vex.
    A 25% FCR Spirit in, for instance 42% Sacred Targe is a different story. a 4S Sacred Targe with more than 40% resists is pretty hard to find. Hel, Tal, Thul, Ort, Amn is rpobably cheaper. In this case you may think about rerolling it.

10. chrisng

chrisng IncGamers Member

I would still disagree with that. The difference in value of a 350%ed botd and a 415%ed botd is MASSIVE.

If I had a eth 15%ed 6soc zerker axe, I would still blow all my cash re-rolling it til I get a 400+, if not the extra ed on the base item is just completely wasted.

11. Singollo

i would agree using a 15ed sup'd eth zerk axe and getting a low roll of botd is a big wast of the axe and would be worth it to reroll the botd till you hit the 400+. but this is better left to the people that have the runes that it could take to get the 400%. as for me ill stick with rerolling spirits and oath, and even rerolling oath can cost a bit, kinda like throwing out and ist rune eash reroll :mad:

12. dymi

dymi IncGamers Member

if i understand corectly you said that 15%ed eth zerker is worth more that zod and all other components of BOTD :))))) i am surprised :) or if you have some of this sweet zods to waste give it to me PLZ.

But to be serious.
    You have bad luck and your BOTD is crapiest one on the entire realm.
    You get 365 %ed BOTD. (15%ed included) :) Quite good i think. So maybe trade it for profit and then look for another 15% ED eth zerker and make the new one in it. Not just hel it and reroll.

Just my opinion.

13. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

IMO it sounds ridiculous to unsocket a BotD just because its %ed isn't above average, even if it's made in an eth 15% sup BA, but that's probably just a consequence of the ridiculously high availability of HRs.

14. chrisng

chrisng IncGamers Member

I'm cool with the surplus of HRs... I'm not duping it so I don't feel bad, but it does help everyone, one way or another

15. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

Like most said in a godly item its worth re-rolling ... i would re-roll a 15ed eth zerker or a 225 defence 65/121 eth vortex shield. There really arnt a lot i would re-roll but some things are just worth it.

16. cheesypotatoes

cheesypotatoes IncGamers Member

For the 15% eth zerk if u would unsocket it and sell it you would get more than selling a 365% zerk or even a 400% only if it was higher than 400% it would be more profitable to not unsocket.