Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can this item generate, I'm losing my mind looking for it... der=0

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by The Vampyre, Apr 4, 2004.

  1. The Vampyre

    The Vampyre IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2003
    Messages:
    19
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Can this item generate, I'm losing my mind looking for it...

    I been looking for a War Scepter/Divine Scepter/Caduceus with a +3 Holy Shield bonus on it.
    I have a Seraph Rod from .09 with +3 Holy Shield, but thats a different item strand and its from a different patch...

    anyone know if these can generate in 1.10?
    or am i searching for something that doesn't exist...
     
  2. Green_Squirrel

    Green_Squirrel IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2003
    Messages:
    99
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    18
    I don't see why this couldn't spawn, unless its a bug I haven't heard of. Chances are, it's just your bad luck.
     
  3. AwesomeDude

    AwesomeDude IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2003
    Messages:
    160
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26
    I've seen plenty on Ormus.
     
  4. sculpen

    sculpen IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2003
    Messages:
    103
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    18
    I also noticed that I can no longer find scepters (of any type) that add to holy shield or smite either. Also foh and conviction or any other level 30 skills. No more wands with +1-3 to lower resist, fire golem, bone spirit, or revive. Maybe its some new feature to balance lvl 30 skills with synergies. Seems pointless now that sub-30 skills are more powerfull anyway...(blessed hammer, fireball, blizzard, etc.) :scratch: If anyone has any official info on this i would like to know more, thanks.
     
  5. Bunnz

    Bunnz IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2003
    Messages:
    53
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    Wands with Lower Resistance definetly still spawn, I have a couple.

    Thats 1.10 HCL.
     
  6. sculpen

    sculpen IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2003
    Messages:
    103
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    18
    There is currently Necromancer's Wand of Lower Resist
    Thats charges of the skill. im wondering about:

    Necromancer's Wand of The Magus
    +3 toLower Resist [Necromancer Only]

    plz specify what ur wand does, thanks. :)
     
  7. Bunnz

    Bunnz IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2003
    Messages:
    53
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    You are quite right, I have wands with CHARGES of Lower Resistance on them.

    Serves me right for not reading properly. Sorry for any confusion :)

    Bunnz
     
  8. Green_Squirrel

    Green_Squirrel IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2003
    Messages:
    99
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    18
    I just checked one stock of Malah and found +2 Lower Resist wand, +1 Revive wand, and +2 Bone Spirit wand.

    I doubt there's any bug at all, just horrible luck.
     
  9. Thrugg

    Thrugg IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2003
    Messages:
    1,527
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    105
    Skills on items like wands and sceptres are called staffmods.
    Staffmods are randomised but they are not completely random.
    You are more likely to get skills with a required level close to your character level when you shop.

    If you are level 32 or over, each skill on a shopped item will have a 70% chance of being a level 30 skill, eg for a Paladin, Salv/Red/Fan/Conv/FoH; and a 20% chance of being a level 24 skill, and a 10% chance of being a level 18 skill.

    If you are level 20-31, you increase the chance of level 24 skills to 50%. That is as good as you can get for those.

    Now, if you are already too high level, you can take advantage of the fact thatvendors in Normal have level caps on the items they sell. Even if you are level 99, the vendors in Act 3 normal won't sell you anything above ilvl 28 (usually it is your level + 5). That puts you in the good zone for getting level 24 skills. So, shop Ormus in normal, he's your guy.

    Of course, he can't sell you Caduceuses. If you really want one of those, you have to shop where they can be sold. You can still get Holy Shield, it is just less likely.
     

Share This Page